CART AutoX April 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
take the blue hatch :)
no way i dont need to blow up my daily driver i hate walkin

im going to be running this event with a blown h/g in my mirage, plus i live 60 miles away.

no pain, no game.
ya but man my car is my job i drive for a liveing if i dont have my car i dont work and i cant make money to pay for thehouse and bills!!! so i kinda need to keep it all together!

i will be tryin to run the crx bucket!

helloooooo

i drive 40 miles EACH WAY to work. i have a CRX Si that im putting a new headgasket on and is all apart in the backyard. your point? :)
40 wow! i drive about 350 a day for work!!! so i will be there wit the crx i hop i can runa lexan windsheld!! cuz that what i am goign to put in

the odds of you breaking something at autox are pretty small... i've never broken anything.
clayton broke down a few times, but the Z always breaks down :p maybe it won't anymore this year though :)

lol wow but ya i dont wanna chance it wit my daily lol i am going to do it wit the rex!!!!! do i have to have the car regustaed? cuz i dont plan to ever put plates on this car!!

it better be towed in if its not registered.

don't make us look like a bunch of assholes. because i assure you, i wont be sticking up for you or anyone trying to break the rules.

the older guys already hate most of us as it is....

act professional.

my rex is my daily driver as well. Hell I even let B. take her for a lap or two a while ago. Unless you know or feel your car is unreliable then well maybe you have point about not using you're dd but other than that I don't think I've seen more than 2 cars break during an auto-x event.

just concider that you will be driving your car as hard as you can for 5 minutes...for the whole day. Drifting is worse...way worse...your pushing the car to do things it's not suppose to do...for extended periods of time...and a full day at a drift event, you'll have about 30-50 minutes of hard driving. For Autocross, your daily driver will be the best car to use, becuase your already used to it, the way it feels, and besides...your first few laps you'll have an instructor with you, and you will be taking it pretty easy. after they feel that your good to go on your own, then you can step on the gas a little more.

And tell me about breaking things....I am the king of breaking things. And I always get the car home...Thanks AAA.

Things that I do remember......

I snapped a a clutch pedel in half, had to drill it and fix it up with Zipties and safety wire....
I blew up a motor in the Z, then I turned around and blew up the civic 2 hours later...
I snapped a front lower tie-rod on the Z, a couple of clamps and a few washers...I limped the car home.
I broke a few tabs off of an photo electric dizzy pick-up...and got the car running to make a run later.
I showed up and they teched my car, found some slop in a steering ball joint...Thanks to E, he ran me to a parts store and I got a new one.
I limped a Z down to MD for a drift event, and over heated all day, lost all power, had a fuse box flying around in the car, and had a Maf tube leaking......fixed all the above and only had one good run.
Broke a water pump off, had to superglue it back on and limp it home from NJ....
Duct taping and clamping turbo pipes...
Ran out of gas, ran out of oil, had fuel leaks, and a lot of other stupid crap...
and prolly more that I think I wanted to forget....but point being...motorsports will break weak cars...if your car is decent, and runs good...then 5 minutes of abuse isn't going to kill it.

You got a trailer and a truck, so tow the car your going to beat on there. Or just don't beat on the DD to hard...and just go for the first few times to get tips and training. Take what you learn and build up from there.

Quoted post[/post]]
lol wow but ya i dont wanna chance it wit my daily lol i am going to do it wit the rex!!!!! do i have to have the car regustaed? cuz i dont plan to ever put plates on this car!!

ok i dont get it you'll go street racin with the car but yet you wont auto-x it. so you need it to be reliable but you go beat the hell out of it on a friday and saturday night in hartford but you wont take it to drive it hard for about 5 minutes total. thats perplexing i guess i just dont understand some people :dunno: .

yes but mike remember :)

going fast in a straight line is so much less abuse then doglegging hard corners :wink:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

ok i dont get it you'll go street racin with the car but yet you wont auto-x it. so you need it to be reliable but you go beat the hell out of it on a friday and saturday night in hartford but you wont take it to drive it hard for about 5 minutes total. thats perplexing i guess i just dont understand some people :dunno: .
I THINKYOU MISUNDERSTOOD ME WHE I SAID I GO STREETRACEIN ON THE WEEKEDNS!!

i do go every weekend but i got more to watch then run i might run my car about 3 time the wole weekend i dont like beatin on my car there eather like i said it is my daily i dont abuse it!!!

i will be there wit project rex!

DONT FORGET TO SPRING AHEAD SAT NIGHT!

don't show up an hour late :p

see you boys there at 8am.
which is really going to feel like 7am... god damnit. :cry: i hate spring ahead :cry:

I done messed up mah Civ last night.

Should I bring the Broodwagon just for hahas ?

I think I have the same thing Walter got . I am missing cylinders, but my plugs are firing.

I cleared the garage out and had to put the Civic on the side of the house while I loaded in my new Z. Which turned out to be fuckin bunk anyway. I'm now considering how well a car with a break in the frame (From rust) will autocross / race.

Then I'll gut it, paint it up and sell it as a track car or something.

Back