CD-2 Engine Sealer to stop oil burning

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by djyox@Dec 7 2003, 10:37 PM
well hondas arn't the only ones that last long, I had a 91 blazer that was babyed all its life untill I got it, but even then she still ran great, and never burnt or dumped oil out, it went though 3 trannys a few starters, few alt, and some other minor shit, well I got it over 300k then gave it to my step brother, who some how started it on fire, only he knows how that shit happend and he said it just started up while parked...?????(B/S)

Hmmm... 300K with 3 trannies, a few starter, a few alternators... and a mysterious fire at the end... versus my car. My Si at 271K miles is still on her original tranny, just got a new starter this summer, and still on the original alternator. I think that I'll stay with Hondas and Acuras, thanks for the info though. lol.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Dec 7 2003, 11:12 PM-->
@Dec 7 2003, 10:37 PM
well hondas arn't the only ones that last long, I had a 91 blazer that was babyed all its life untill I got it, but even then she still ran great, and never burnt or dumped oil out, it went though 3 trannys a few starters, few alt, and some other minor shit, well I got it over 300k then gave it to my step brother, who some how started it on fire, only he knows how that shit happend and he said it just started up while parked...?????(B/S)

Hmmm... 300K with 3 trannies, a few starter, a few alternators... and a mysterious fire at the end... versus my car. My Si at 271K miles is still on her original tranny, just got a new starter this summer, and still on the original alternator. I think that I'll stay with Hondas and Acuras, thanks for the info though. lol.

what an interesting weekend that was, when your starter died!! :lol:

FYI, with 408,000 miles:

- i am only on my 2nd clutch!
- rebuilt alternators SUCK so im on my 3rd one! lol
- my original starter died at around 300k. im on my second one.
- my distributor suffered a noisy death at..... (drum roll)......

390k!!!!! and i think this is because i didnt tighten the bolts enough after adjusting the timing. they were loose when i heard noises coming from the dizzy.

To be honest, i babied my rex for its whole life until i started learning about honda performance a year or so ago. now it gets beat on every single day....but it still runs great! (KNOCK ON WOOD!)

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Dec 7 2003, 11:33 PM
what an interesting weekend that was, when your starter died!! :lol:

That was autocross #2 for me at Waterbury, I think. Another great reason for having a stickshift car... just pop the clutch to start it! Just had to remember to park on a hill nose down.

I thought the Sunday my hoodlatch failed was much more interesting... but I blame that incident on my mechanics... still. lol.

my stock honda d15b2 still runs perfect a 150,000 no smoke dosent burn oil hondas are beetchin trans is fucked up good though,when i got the car the trans was 2 quarts to low and good knows how long its been like that!

Originally posted by thegreat1310@Dec 8 2003, 02:08 AM
my stock honda d15b2 still runs perfect a 150,000 no smoke dosent burn oil hondas are beetchin trans is fucked up good though,when i got the car the trans was 2 quarts to low and good knows how long its been like that!

150k is childs play. I had that and I autoX with it all last season. Tapping the rev limiter is fun. My engine defently had 100k left on her, but that would be 100k slow miles.

Originally posted by thegreat1310+Dec 8 2003, 01:08 AM-->
^^^ Maybe it's time for a high mileage engine forum for this board. Hehe.

I am bummed that the local Volvo dealership gives out a "100K Mile Club" plaque to their Volvo service customers, but their sister Honda dealership does not. Of course, the 2 million mile Volvo is famous...

asmallsol
@Dec 8 2003, 02:08 AM
150k is childs play. I had that and I autoX with it all last season. Tapping the rev limiter is fun. My engine defently had 100k left on her, but that would be 100k slow miles.

The miles on my SOHC Si are still fast miles... 24 hour enduro here I come! :)

Back