CDL/Truck drivers?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

George777

^^ Likes Bewbies
Anyone else on here have their CDL and drive trucks, whether it be local or OTR/Long haul? I thought I saw someone on here before that said they drove.

If so, what's your experiences been like? And do you use equipment in your trucks? If so, what kind?

I do. And by equipment, do you mean an electric pallet jack? I use one of those.

Experiences? Mostly, its no different than driving a pickup with a trailer on it. You'd be amazed at how simple and easy it is to maneuver them. Just need a little more room.. Don't get yourself into a tight situation and you'll never be in a tight situation.

my old roommate is a truck driver. HATED the long haul.

go work for a construction company. you can make well over $25 after 2-3 years. plus they are union.

Phyre, do you drive a local/day cab truck? By equipment, I was refering to accessories, such as cooler, microwave, TV, etc for OTR/Long haul.

I need to get more experience before most places will accept me into their companies as a driver--for the time, I will do OTR and get some time and miles before I venture towards a local/dedicated run with a different company.

Yeah, I have no sleeper or anything.. Just a single cab semi. I work from 6 to 6 and am home every night. I have a wife and kids, and I don't want to do any long haul because of that.. Once you turn that corner, its like you are divorced and get to see your family once a month.

Look into Stevens transport.. They have a massive training facility and will take noobs. They really train you pretty hard core.. Classes, driving, etc.. Couple of months of training, then they set you free to do their bidding.
Stevens Transport

Back