CEL 1, 45, 65

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quick.Silver.C5

I am getting three CEL codes - 1, 45 & 65 - the setup is a B18C5 in a '99 DX. The O2 sensors were just replaced. I have tried clearing the codes but haven't had any luck.

I think it is a wiring issue. Are there any information pages online that might yield specific information about properly wiring the O2 into the system? All of the information I have seen doesn't solve the issue.

#1 - Oxygen Sensor "A" (Primary) defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor
#45 - System Too Lean or Too Rich malfunction in the fuel monitoring systems
#65 - Oxygen Sensor Heater (Secondary) malfunctioning or defective oxygen sensor heater

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by Quick.Silver.C5@Sep 20 2005, 10:23 PM
I am getting three CEL codes - 1, 45 & 65 - the setup is a B18C5 in a '99 DX. The O2 sensors were just replaced. I have tried clearing the codes but haven't had any luck.

I think it is a wiring issue. Are there any information pages online that might yield specific information about properly wiring the O2 into the system? All of the information I have seen doesn't solve the issue.

#1 - Oxygen Sensor "A" (Primary) defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor
#45 - System Too Lean or Too Rich malfunction in the fuel monitoring systems
#65 - Oxygen Sensor Heater (Secondary) malfunctioning or defective oxygen sensor heater

Thanks for your help.
[post=557453]Quoted post[/post]​

I would replace the sensor first. They're pretty cheap.

if you wired up your o2's yourself you might of got the two black wires hooked up backwards. those 2 wires specifically go to something, there not just grounds.

Back