CEL code 41, what does it mean?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sgshao

Hi,

Recently, I've finished my H22 swap into 92 Accord. Million thanks for TeamUrbanChaos, TAB and many others.

Now I have another question here. There is a 41 code that I checked it stands for O2 Heater circuit malfunction. My question are:

1. What's the difference between Code 1(O2 defective) with Code 41(O2 Heater Circuit malfunction)? If the wiring was wrong, why no Code 1 came out?

2. Before I connected my exhaust pipe, the code 41 did not show up. But after, it jumps out. Could you guys explain why?

3. If says the O2 wiring is simple enough, does a better bet that the O2 sensor was gone?

TIA.

Also looking for new exhaust system, any suggestion?

I'm guessing that you have a bad connection from lengthening the wires.

There are two heater circuits. Four wires total. One of them is the actual sensor wire. You might have one bad heater wire connection and still have the sensor function just fine.

Originally posted by tab@Jun 4 2005, 04:59 PM
I'm guessing that you have a bad connection from lengthening the wires.

There are two heater circuits. Four wires total. One of them is the actual sensor wire. You might have one bad heater wire connection and still have the sensor function just fine.
[post=507885]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, Tab, you r right. It has four wires total, From mine connecter to O2 sensor, they are Green, White, Black and Black. A little bit strange for two Black wires here. Anyway, the down/left Black that I believe shoud go to ECU pin A6, I tested the connectivity. It's OK. But down/right Black, that goes to A25, I have a 8 ohm result. Is it strange? I don't know why. Actually, I tracked back untill the last part that from ECU to the first stage connector, I mean just through the firewall only. How it could be 8 ohm? Does it cause the CEL 41?

One of my friend just comfort me that he said once I finished my exhaust pipe properly, the light would be gone. (right now, I am sitting on the old Accord pipe and one bolt connected with H22 down pipe, don't ask why, pls.) Is it true?

Anyway, Im still happy today, coze I found a JDM TCU for H22a. It shifts better than the Accord one. It does smooth one. but it comes out another issue. It gets shift lock every time I shift to "P". Have to out another key into "shift lock". Any idea about it?

Again, TIA.

I don't know about your exhaust problem fixing the light, but maybe. Fix it and find out.

The JDM TCU calls for one more wire to be ran from your shifter to the TCU harness. A couple of people have done the TCU swap and this is always the result. I don't know what pin location the wire goes to, but the green/white wire is the one that needs to be tapped I believe.

Originally posted by tab@Jun 5 2005, 01:25 AM
The JDM TCU calls for one more wire to be ran from your shifter to the TCU harness. A couple of people have done the TCU swap and this is always the result. I don't know what pin location the wire goes to, but the green/white wire is the one that needs to be tapped I believe.
[post=508032]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks Tab, you r my man and always. I've fond the info you mentioned before. It is a Green/White wire to TCM pin A7. BTW, it will also solve the D4 light problem. I am happy with it.

Back