Change hand drive

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm sorry for the other thread that i opened, i didn't mean to.
What is a lh drive clip?
Does anyone know a link with such transformation?

Wait a minute, I'm confused. Are you wanting to convert to left-hand drive, or right-hand drive???

Wait a minute, I'm confused. Are you wanting to convert to left-hand drive, or right-hand drive???
i think he wants to convert from rhd to lhd. he lives over seas somewhere.

Oh, well I was thinking he drove a pre-RSX Integra. That's what he posted pictures of in his other thread at least. You're completely right though, all the RSXs use a 5-lug...

Oh, well I was thinking he drove a pre-RSX Integra. That's what he posted pictures of in his other thread at least. You're completely right though, all the RSXs use a 5-lug...
usdm ITR is 5-lug also.

So is that like the cool thing to do outside of North America?

Yes. You would not believe how many people want amber running lights here. And how many people want green consoles. It's nuts.

I'm from europe. Where i live we drive in the left just like you.
The DC5R was not launched on europe, we only have EP3's here.
But in UK there are importers who brings this car's, like the FD2.
They already have DC5R and FD2 communities there.
Now i've seen them in good prices, and i have budget to do the left hand drive conversion.
I will have to use the rsx type s interiors like dashboard and consoles, but don't know where to get them besides honda.
Well in the mechanical part is where are my doubts, because i don't know what must be done, and what parts do i need.
I'm not going to do it, i just wanna know what must be done and parts i need
to figure out some numbers, and compared them to honda to see which is the best deal. Maybe an rsx type s front clip will be easier, but where do i get them in europe?
And i'm afraid that it lacks parts that i need...
Anyone knows where i could find acura parts in europe?
Still don't know where to get the interiors either
So basically it would be great that someone could help me

Originally Posted by BrutalB83
So is that like the cool thing to do outside of North America?

Lol how can you say that? You guys are the ****ing fast and furious ones

Ive never thought I would see the day someone wanted to convert to a LHD from a RHD. I helped a friend do his RHD last year. This is something you need A LOT of time to do. There are two basic ways of doing the RHD conversion. Cut/weld, which is referred to as "fire walled", or the complete front clip conversion which is easier, but more costly. Removing the engine is a must and some custom fab work is needed as well.

Well i'm not gonna drive a rh car in a lh country.
I don't give a sh1t about jdm looks, after all a car must be practical nowadays
Well i have two ways to do this, buy the parts and go to a performance shop to do the modification, or go to honda and spent about 5000 or 6000 euros...
Probably i spent less 2000 or 3000 euros out of honda but since i don't know the price and where to get the parts and labor i need, i'll probably go to honda...
Can fit the budget and it would be more reliable.
What do you think?
Also have this doubt, would the EP3 mechanical parts fit? If so, i only got to look for the rsx type s interiors.
Thanks for the feedback

Lol how can you say that? You guys are the ****ing fast and furious ones

Not necessarily. There's plenty of cleanly modded cars here in the States. There's lots of rice too, but then again, I've seen pictures of rice from the world over. It's definitely not just an American thing...

honda WILL NOT do a drive side conversion for you. in all actuality, most shops wont do it either. it damages the integrity of the chassis and pretty much makes it unsafe and hence illegal.

Why do you think so?
Somebody must do it...
Illegal? Unsafe?
why?
I've been searching and a lot of people do it,
and i've seen no complaints ...

Why do you think so?
Somebody must do it...
Illegal? Unsafe?
why?
and i've seen no complaints ...
walk into honda and ask them to do it.

when you do a conversion, you have to cut the chassis and reweld it. don't you think one solid piece is going to be stronger than 2 pieces welded together?

Why do you say so?
Somebody will do it...
Why illegal and unsafe?
and i've seen no complaints...
That firewall thing, doesn't seem to be much reliable...
A front clip without the engine shouldn't be expensive, i'll have
all the parts, and then is just labor. What do you think?

Back