Changing out Stock fuel pump

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXSI91

I have a 91 Crx hf..and i bought a Walbro 255 lph fuel pump....im not boosting yet,but i wanted to setup for it...

now my car has been throwing a CEL for fuel supply system ever since i got it..and i figured it was the pump if anything,but i never wanted to buy a OEM one..so i bought this one..and i want to put it on today..but i was wondering..would it affect anything on my car seeing as its a performance pump?? i mean i was told not to put it on until im boosting..but then again i thought about it..and if i have a stock pressure regulator,then i should be fine,because its not the fuel pump that controls how much fuel is dumped,its the pressure regulator,and the ECU..and both of those are fine i believe..so would i be able to install this,without having problems???

thanks. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

you will be fine running the 255lph until you boost. I ran mine for like 5 months or more before I boosted with no problems at all. if your car is running, I doubt that the fuel pump is what your CEL is for though. check your injectors or another part of the fuel system.

Do you know how to put the fuel pump in? you have to drop teh tank <_<

Originally posted by B16CRX@May 13 2005, 11:05 PM
you will be fine running the 255lph until you boost. I ran mine for like 5 months or more before I boosted with no problems at all. if your car is running, I doubt that the fuel pump is what your CEL is for though. check your injectors or another part of the fuel system.

[post=499045]Quoted post[/post]​

nah,when i turn the key back,the CEL comes on...but when i start the car,it goes off...and stays off..but when i check the code,it says fuel supply system....so i figured its the pump...im also getting a STR fuel rail coming in..and after that im going to order some fuel injectors...so eventually its going to be one of them..i hope its not the FPR...cus im gonna replace that too if thats the problem...

but nah,i dont know how to put one in...how do i drop the tank? :worthy: :worthy:

Originally posted by CRXSI91+May 14 2005, 06:50 AM-->
@May 13 2005, 11:05 PM

[post=499045]Quoted post[/post]​

nah,when i turn the key back,the CEL comes on...but when i start the car,it goes off...and stays off..but when i check the code,it says fuel supply system....so i figured its the pump...im also getting a STR fuel rail coming in..and after that im going to order some fuel injectors...so eventually its going to be one of them..i hope its not the FPR...cus im gonna replace that too if thats the problem...

but nah,i dont know how to put one in...how do i drop the tank? :worthy: :worthy:
[post=499135]Quoted post[/post]​

uppin again.

That's shitty if you have to drop the tank...

In my hatch all I had to do was pick up the rear seat.

You'll be fine with the 255, the rail you didn't need but since you already go it it's not going to hurt.

Stock FPRs are fine, so when and if you replace, you don't need the extra bling. You want bling walmart has a big selection of paint. It's not super hot in that area so you'll be fine with most paints.

Get some DSM 450 for you turbo setup. 310 if you're running low low boost.

yeha i got a 93 hatch and i did a stock repacement just by takin ouit my back seat. is it just that the chassis is that dif? how is it done

with my crx i just have to pull up the storage bin and its right there. It has a round top to it and if im not mistaken you just turn it and lift i think. I have looked at it but not messed with it yet.

Originally posted by drpenguin@May 16 2005, 10:07 AM
with my crx i just have to pull up the storage bin and its right there. It has a round top to it and if im not mistaken you just turn it and lift i think. I have looked at it but not messed with it yet.
[post=499928]Quoted post[/post]​

That is an inspection cover. The only way to get to a crx fuel pump is to drop the tank. You have to get under the car and loosen the tank straps and pull the hoses off of the pump cover. It is a real bitch to get to, but it can be done. it took me about 2 hours. :doh:

Back