changing vtec engagement

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sniezek66

thansk to all who answered my question, but i have one more. I bought a p72 ecu that was reprogrammed and he aske dme what i want my vtec engagement to be set at. Right now he has it set at 5,500rpm. Would i be better off to have it set back to 4,400rpm or what should i tell him. Just curious to at what rpm ratign i will get the most performance out of the vtec

oh boy

if its a chipped ECU then i would be willing to bet that the fuel maps have been fucked with and such as well as the VTEC engagement

i would probly pass on that ECU and try to get a regular non-molested one

well here is the link to it check it out yourselves http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEBWA%3AIT

I was also alittle concerned that things may be altered in there so you think i should just stay with a stock ECU??

My setup on the motor is all the bottom end internals have been changed over to type r. It has the b18c1 blcok with a b16a head that is port and polished. The cams valves ect are all type r too the whole motor is basically type just has the gsr block and b16 head.

also i forgot is there a big difference between the jdm ecu and the usdm ecu or does it not make much of a difference whcih one i get

wihtout a clutch switch, launch control is useless. i'd pass on that like airj0ckey passes gas

Originally posted by uptowng2ic@Apr 3 2004, 08:51 PM
the JDM ecu tops out sooner than the USDM ecu.

yup the JDM ECUs are speed limited at 180 KMH (about 112 MPH)

or get an EDM one

more agressive fuel maps, no speed limiters

EDM 0wnZ j00!!!1!

Thanks E Solsi you've been a big help. One other thing since i have to get a adaptor harness from obd0 to obd1 for my 91 hatch do you know what is the best company to get one from and does this make wiring up the vtec compenents alot easier. That's my only worry right know is getting the Vtec wired up correctly since i have everything else already wired up. Let me know

Thanks Again

not too sure about pre 92 cars

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 3 2004, 04:30 PM
wihtout a clutch switch, launch control is useless. i'd pass on that like airj0ckey passes gas

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery intersing...........

<......lights a match

Back