Civic Gauge Cluster Question...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thebeast3416

I've got an 88 Civic DX 4-door, just picked it up for extremely cheap and in excellent condition. My Question is this....

I used to have an 89 civic LX 4-door, and loved the gauge cluster. If I am able to find a cluster with the tach, right now it just has the huge fuel level and temp gauges, would this be a direct bolt in, or would I have to make wiring modifications for the tach to work?

Thanks for the info!

CRX/Civic shouldn't matter. It's the wiring that I'm concerned about. Specifically, the tach lead in the harness on the rear of the cluster.

all civic's are prewired for a tach. its the cluster itself that lacks the tachometer, not the car's wiring harness.

as far as finding the right cluster, you'll need an 88, 89 cluster from any civic. the 90,91 clusters are slight different and don't fit.

now, one other question. Is there a way i can swap the odometer in one of these clusters, or is it a total pain in the A$$? My civic only has 98,158 on it and I'd like to keep it as close to that as possible. Or is there a way I can have the odometer in the transplant guage cluster set to match?

Many Thanks,
It's been a while since I've been into the honda tech...

just go to the wreckers and find a a cluster wit close to the same milleage man, there has got to be alot near u live, there are a bunch were im from

Back