civic wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

j954drgsr

i have a 93 civic ex and it wont start. there is no spark so i change the ignition coil and the igniter or ignition moduel and there is still no spark. i can hear the fuel pump run and there is power to the injector. i looked at the fuse and there all good. the only thing i havnt look at is the main relay but if that was bad, would there be no fuel too. any input will help.

the code is flashing now and its a code 6. thats 6 fast flash. thats the coolant temp and i must of triped it last night by disconecting it but it was dead already at the time.

Try resetting your ecu and get the code. Or you can test the resistivity of the ECT sensor when the engine is cold. The resistivity is inversely proportional to the temperature of the coolant. (Check manual for specified temps)

A faulty ECT sensor can cause difficulty starting a cold engine and frequent stalling when warmed up.

well guys i got it running by changing the whole distributor for a known good one. something must of been wrong with the whole distributor. thanks

Originally posted by j954drgsr@Jan 22 2005, 01:06 PM
well guys i got it running by changing the whole distributor for a known good one. something must of been wrong with the whole distributor. thanks
[post=449628]Quoted post[/post]​

why would the distributor cause this. i have the same code and i don't want to spend $2-300 if i don't have too. please help.

the dizzys
hwve internal components that are kinda like points they are magnetic pickups that need to see certian critera to work

Back