Clutch/Flywheel Suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lude9593

I have a '95 Prelude SE and I am researching aftermarket clutches and flywheels for it. I was hoping ya'll would have some advice or personal experiences with different clutches/flywheels and have some suggestions for me. My car is daily driven and has I/H/E and ran a 10.0 @ 71 MPH in the 1/8. I want something that grabs hard but is streetable. Thanks for your help. :)

fidanza flywheels are good, I always used them and they have help up fine, plus they are cheaper than toda/spoon/JUN...

Ive been really happy with my CM stage 3 + CM 7.5 flywheel

Thanks for the response. I've looked at CM Stage 1,2,3 but they all seem to be $375-$475. Does anyone know of any good sources (price-wise and reputation-wise) to buy clutches and flywheels? I don't want to pay out the ass for this stuff but I don't want to buy shitty shit.

goto groupbuycenter.com theres a place there its like 420 shipped for the clutch setup i said. flywheel stick with ebay probably save like $30

I used ClutchNet for my first honda clutch, and I never had to replace it, granted I was running NA but I would abuse it for sure. I bought it for 180is from groupbuycenter, definetly check that place out.

Are Spec clutches any good? I've found a Spec stage 2 on horspowerfreaks.com for $300. The best price I could find on CM stage 3 was around $450 so I think if I get a good response about Spec I'll go with that and a Fidanza flywheel.

Don't go with a pucked disk. They're hard to drive on the street. I'm running an exedy racing street organic disc and am very happy with it.

I say go with an Exedy clutch setup with Exedy or ACT flywheel. Stay away from CM. They go boom. Mine lasted under 3K in my NA car before the flywheel let go and took out the whole works. Many others have had these things come apart too

Originally posted by cws13@Jul 14 2004, 11:05 PM
I say go with an Exedy clutch setup with Exedy or ACT flywheel. Stay away from CM. They go boom. Mine lasted under 3K in my NA car before the flywheel let go and took out the whole works. Many others have had these things come apart too

I had a freind totally nuke his CM stage one clutch, and he's a stock GSR.

Back