Clutch issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:worthy: :worthy: 96 Civic EX: all the engine tranny bolts are out, the tranny mounts are off and the damn engine won't seperate from the tranny. The engine and tranny are still hanging in the car with a jack stand under the oilpan and headder. tips please.....or do i just need a HUGE hammer

had the same problem when I was takin the tranny off an LS motor.

Of course the motor was dropped and even then it was tough, it took a wedge and a hammer to get it off, and it took for days (not literally).

If you have all the bolts out ot should pry off easy, just did my clutch in my civic. Take starter out like said above :)

and make sure you have all the bolts on the dust cover unbolted too.

starter and dust cover always kick my ass.

i can never remember to unbolt them. usually by the time i've figured out that it's the starter, i take the bolts out and then just rip the fuckin' tranny off, and tear the shit outta the dust cover.....

grr...

Once I figured that the starter bolts go all the way through, it was easy. Once you have all the bolts out, get a mallet or dead blow hammer (dead blows are plastic hammers with either lead shot or sand inside, and do not bounce) and tap each side of the tranny until she becomes loose.

yea ,y ls tranny was a bitch to get off too, I actuallty lifted the whole assembly up from the transmission side and it wouldnt come off. then i used a ball joint puller fork and pryed it off.

Back