Clutches

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thiebert

Ok i understand that this is really going to be a subjective question. However can anyone tell me soemthing about what is a reall good clutch to use its going into a turbo intercooled d16z6. I keep hearing that centerforce is the best, i was just wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on what everyone else uses.
i.e. bang for the buck? the centerforce is pretty expensive but if it is worth it i dont mind forking out the money.
thx

i have a clutchmasters and two rivets on the pressure plate broke. i wouldn't buy from them again. im thinking toda next time.

I have had a few buddy's who have had centerforce clutches and from my experience and from what i have heard about them they are not worth the money i would go another route !

go to ottawaclutch.com, they make their own clutches BULLY is what its called, all racers from v8 to honda go see this guy for clutches, awesome clutch, awesome price, and will outlast act, centreforce check em out

"Vtec=V8 killa"???? riiiiiight.

At least you spelled it right.

exedy clutches are the bomb diggity.

exedy is great but not sure if they make a unit for the D series, they might.

I have also used RPSturbo clutchs

centerforce is ok, just not for hondas. with the sohc boosted i'd think RPS, and ACT are your best bet. clutchmasters engages to hard from my experiences. my .02.

brett

does anyone remember daikin??

yea.. they were fucking excellent....

oh yea.. then they turned into exedy... thats what i use... they rock

Originally posted by Vtec=V8 killa@Nov 11 2003, 08:40 PM
go to ottawaclutch.com, they make their own clutches BULLY is what its called, all racers from v8 to honda go see this guy for clutches, awesome clutch, awesome price, and will outlast act, centreforce check em out

cool site,I like the troubleshooting section....thanks, I had heard of em but no idea how to find

i like my centerforce alot ,but im running an act flywheel as well

Personally, I would go exedy myself.

A friend recently did an exedy 6 months ago, and it hasn't seen a spec of wear since the day he put it in.

With proper break in, an exedy, clutch masters, ACT, and centerforce have been said to be awesome in almost all conditions, but they all have also have had their downfalls.

Back