Columbia Space Shuttle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DazedCivic99

Just a randam thing.

I am guessing today is one year after the Columbia Space Shuttle wreck, since they are naming 7 resident halls at my school after the crew. I go to FIT which is in Melbourne Florida, around 30 minutes to a hour away from the space center.

MELBOURNE, FLA.—Florida Tech, a university founded by scientists with deep roots in America’s space program, will dedicate a new residence hall complex in memory of the Space Shuttle Columbia and her crew on Oct. 28 at 1:30 p.m. The public is invited to the dedication, believed to be the nation’s first such recognition.

Among those participating in the dedication will be William Readdy, NASA associate administrator for Space Flight; Congressman Dave Weldon (R-Fla.); Melbourne Mayor John Buckley; Florida Tech President Anthony J. Catanese; and Dr. Jon Clark, husband of crew member Laurel B. Clark. Other representatives from the shuttle crew’s families will attend the event.

In the complex, to be named Columbia Village, each of the seven residence halls will bear the name of one of the Columbia astronauts. The halls will be named in memory of Col. Rick D. Husband, Commander William C. McCool, Capt. David M. Brown, Dr. Kalpana Chawla, Lt. Col. Michael P. Anderson, Capt. Laurel B. Clark, and Col. Ilan Ramon.

"Our student government leaders felt this was the best way for the university to express their feelings of loss, and the administration agreed," said President Catanese.

The residence complex is located on Country Club Road at the north end of the campus.

I live in those, i am guessing it wouldnt be a smart idea to light of fireworks in the middle of the dedication. lol

smart -- probly not
tactfull -- definatly not
entertaining -- hell yes
funny -- f0 sh0!

Back