Compression test questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mr.Hankey

im looking for a b16a for my car, i have a "friend" who is selling one and he has tried to screw me over before, he said that its running 195 compression in all 4 cylinders.

so I'm just wondering what does the factory compression tests read and what are good compression tests?

also he has taken that engine to 10k RPM before a few times... kinda sketch but he is selling for 600$ or should i get a crate engine for 300$ more?

all 4 cylinders running at 195 is excelent for a b16a. And $600 is a steal. But is it built in way whatsoever to take 10k rpms?

no its stock as far as far as i know. he also has no idea how many miles are on the motor

so that brings me to my next question, to save a few bucks, is it possible to by a obd0 engine and swap out everything and make it obd1 and still have the HP and TQ of the obd1 engine?

so that brings me to my next question, to save a few bucks, is it possible to by a obd0 engine and swap out everything and make it obd1 and still have the HP and TQ of the obd1 engine?
the OBD0 B16A has 10.2:1 compression ratio and is 160ps (158hp) - the OBD1 B16A has 10.4:1 compression ratio and is 170ps (168hp) - it isn't possible to have the same power by converting the OBD0 to OBD1 which is really just the distributor and ECU

Last edited:
Back