Condo shopping :D

what do you think is better?

• 1 bay garage, smaller sq ft, better neighborh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

why not just pay the money up front, and get something that works and not have to break your back?

to each their own, but sweat equity = you get paid in the long run...

fuck it. cutting my loses and moving on.
damn...

the closeness to your parents, their garage, and your tools kinda makes the larger one with no garage seem more worth while, its not street side parking right?

i paid $165k for my house... Only thing I've had to "fix" is the blower for the furnace shit the bed... $50...

Remember... What are the condo fees for both places? Regulations? What do the fees cover?

And mowing your lawn is part of home ownership... Pop some Claritin, hop on your mower, and learn how to wheelie it... :)

i haven't gone to look at either yet, so i dont know what the rules of either place are yet. of course, that will be a factor later on.
both have fees of 145-160/month. fine by me. my mortgage will only be like 750/month anyway...

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

neither are in the ghetto, but the one w./ the garage is in the nicer section of town on the top of the hill.

When it rains, the waste from the top of the hill will run down the slope into the "lesser" neighborhood.

actually, both are on hills. just at opposite sides of town.

garage one = chippens hill
non = south moutain

so :p

Quoted post[/post]]
why not just pay the money up front, and get something that works and not have to break your back?

to each their own, but sweat equity = you get paid in the long run...

sure... if you spend 50k on your house, it goes up 75k for a netgain of 25k
vs paying 50k more up front, and gains 25k in value over time just the same

for 0 back ache.

ain't worth it...

fuck it. cutting my loses and moving on.
damn...

whatever, at least hes coming to get it-- no shipping hassels.

the closeness to your parents, their garage, and your tools kinda makes the larger one with no garage seem more worth while, its not street side parking right?

both are close. the one with the garage is actually close to the 'rents house, and its about 1/2 mile from our autoX course. lol

the other one is about 10 min away, but its closer to work... my office is prety much dead center between these two places...

definetly check the rules before you even start to consider. When i lived in NC the condos we stayed in forbid working on vehicles in the parking lot. Also with a condo you gotta watch out for asshole neighbors that like calling cops. Thats one of the bigger reasons i really dont like condos. People are all up in your shit constantly

Quoted post[/post]]
definetly check the rules before you even start to consider. When i lived in NC the condos we stayed in forbid working on vehicles in the parking lot. Also with a condo you gotta watch out for asshole neighbors that like calling cops. Thats one of the bigger reasons i really dont like condos. People are all up in your shit constantly

:withstupid: My thoughts exactly. I am going to HATE living in an apartment or something, but I don't want to live at home anymore.

Go for the c hill one. Auto-x is a 30 second drive, plus its a better area. Check out the condo fees, mine are pretty cheap at 140 a month and also check for special assements. One of my friends bought a condo and the cunt who sold it to him didnt tell him he had a special assement fee of 100 bucks a month for a year and a half on top of his 230 dollar fees. Remember the bigger the condo the more furniture you ahve to buy and the more $$$ you have to spend to heat/cool the place. Also the garage will be good so your asshole neighbors who dont give a fuck about your sti dont bump into it, door ding it, etc.

checked out both places tonight.

the first one ins't even a condo.. its a freakin triplex.
if they were asking 130, maybe i'd consider it... neighborhood is decent, but the house is not really impressive... so i'm not even going to look at that one.
i drove around in the c hill one, and its nice in there... mail box sucks... its one huge thing at the end of the road... trash dumpsters are a hike... garage is fucking TINY. one guy had his open with a light on, and his late 80's t-brid BARELY fit in the thing. 6" on either side, and maybe a foot in the rear for space.
im still going to try to look at it on saturday.
condo fees are posted as 140 on the MLS site.

yeah, i'm gonna lowball it for sure... i sent an email to the realtor.. gonna try to check it out this weekend sometime...

condo = 2nd most retarded housing investment you can make. just above renting an apartment.

Buy a house you can afford first. build equity sell it and move up. Dont settle for an over priced apartment.

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah, i'm gonna lowball it for sure... i sent an email to the realtor.. gonna try to check it out this weekend sometime...

saturday at 3pm it is :)

Quoted post[/post]]
condo = 2nd most retarded housing investment you can make. just above renting an apartment.

how do you figure?

while the appreciation on a condo isn't as much as a house, it still goes up.
2 years ago, this development had a waiting list... i know this because my sister was looking into it. its in a very desireable part of town, close to work, close to autox, close to my parents house, reasonbly priced, and so far, everything looks good and it is stated to be in move-in condition, which is another plus.

Buy a house you can afford first. build equity sell it and move up. Dont settle for an over priced apartment.

the only house i can reasonably afford is one built in 1890-1920, is full of asbestos, is falling down, has lackluster insulation at best and will end up costing me 100k to make it better.

i'll stand by my statments, but at the same time at least you'll be a "home owner" building equity. My personal opinion, I wont buy a condo till maybe when im old and gray. Just doesnt pay

:shrug2:
and when you are done with it and want to move on you can either sell it or rent it out for $1000-$1500 per month
condos are the shit :thumbsup:

go for the one on c hill. dales condo is quiet and noone complains about shit. im sure the one your looking at which is right next to it isnt any different. and if the garage is the same size as dales yeah its pretty small but it fits project hondas perfectly with room to work :p

Condo's=hearing the TV in the room next door or the other people going at it in bed...the building has to look the same, no personalization...you can't even display a flag if you wanted to in most places...lack of real room to do anything that you would like to do...

your own house=...even if you get a fixer-upper....knowing that you built it the way you want it...do what you want to do to it, make as much noise as you want, and you can't hear the next door neighbors orgies....Priceless.

Well...not priceless...

Cement mixer= $299
Riding Beer Holder/mower= $1200
Nail gun's= borrowed
Nail's=$100
And the materials to fix it up....$2000+
and then what ever else you put into it....equity goes up...

Plus with a lot of locals around...everyone will help on hard projects...if you throw a huge BBQ :wink:

option's are limited on Condo's...
Option's are UN-Limited on houses.....

Look at my back yard....I could build a huge 20 car garage back there or another house if I wanted to..... :ph34r:

and building a building from scratch is way easier than what I did to the garage...which was building it from the inside out...and it took too long to do...but I'm happy with the end result :)

Back