corolla

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

im getting a corolla, i am wondering, will a sr20det or a f20c fit in there? im not worried about an easy drop in, i just want more power.

almost anything will fit, it's all on the amount of money you have....

I've seen 3 rotor's in them, V-8's, SR20's...but the popular engine is the 4AGE...built up, and heavily modded...

if you want race car...and drags...then get a lighter honda, and slap a bigger engine in it.....

if you want drift, then the cheaper 240SX is better for the upgrades department....

The AE86 will be a money pit, you will dump money to get it, you will dump money to swap the engines, and then more money to get it built up right.

My AE86 was $1400, as a running SR5, the swap was free, or to the exspence of an even trade for a blown head gasket on the old supra I had, and all the other extra parts I got or dumped money on...well went into the high dollar area...

and all the beer I consumed to do the swap would supply a German beer festival. :ph34r: joint....

i already have a sr20det motor, just needs new spark plugs, conrods, oil pan, and bearings. i want a honda but i just want a cheaper car(bout to get a 87 corolla for $800) and something that looks old(sleeper). i like the 4ag..for track but on the street, it just cant compete. thanks.

how about an old Z

I love my 260Z...I wish it had a motor swap...

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Apr 10 2004, 07:53 PM
im getting a corolla, i am wondering, will a sr20det or a f20c fit in there? im not worried about an easy drop in, i just want more power.

Please keep your grimy hands off the Toyotas.

Love,
Steve.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Apr 10 2004, 07:53 PM

if you want more power from a corolla, why are you wanting an 87 model???

Buy the new S model, or wait for the upcoming 170 hp Corolla with a slightly detuned version of the Celica GTS motor/tranny in it.

f20c works nice in the 86. i have a friend who is in the process of building one... wiring is the tough part.

Back