Crx/civic Hood The Same ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slammedb18acivic

on a 90 crx and civic hatch, the hoods look exactlly the same will they fit on eachother or does the crx hood need mods to fit on a civic

Originally posted by 88civicHBz6@Jan 17 2003, 10:04 AM
what is the mod for the front bumper?? :spin:

im not shure if the support will bolt up i didnt have one i know u cant use the one from the civic because the crx only has 3 bolt holes on the top the civic has 4. u also have to take off the top bumper trim its built on the crx. i used a 2x4 in place of the support 4 weight purposes u lose about 12 lbs. also use the fenders so the bumper looks rite. the crx fender comes straight out the civic flairs toward the botom. that will fill in the trim gap on the crx bumper

the cross member on my 88 crx is different than the one in my 91 hb.
conerlights are also different from 88-99 and 90-91:
88 mount on the fender
91 mount under the hood

With these parts you should be able to convert head lights also. Am I right in saying this? It could mean that body kits made for the CRX could fit civics as well. This is important because there are some pretty nice looking kits for rex's where as 88-91 body parts are lacking. Sorry for my ricey observations, I belive that a car should go fast AND look good.

Originally posted by ef6-ef8@Jan 17 2003, 08:46 PM
the cross member on my 88 crx is different than the one in my 91 hb.
conerlights are also different from 88-99 and 90-91:
88 mount on the fender
91 mount under the hood

i have 89 fenders on my hatch with 91 corner lights they all still fit rite

Originally posted by timEspeed@Jan 18 2003, 01:35 AM
With these parts you should be able to convert head lights also. Am I right in saying this? It could mean that body kits made for the CRX could fit civics as well. This is important because there are some pretty nice looking kits for rex's where as 88-91 body parts are lacking. Sorry for my ricey observations, I belive that a car should go fast AND look good.

head lights on a hatch and crx r the same anyway. as for the baody kit u could prob use an air dam from one but the side skirts wouldnt fit the crx is almost 9 inces shorterand most of the shortnes is rite behind the door

Back