crx fuel injection wiring went haywire!

klacfyde

Junior Member
please help me. i dont know how else to fix this. i swapped a b16a to my crx and found out that injectors 2 and 3 are dumping fuel on the cylinder non stop, drowning it after. the car starts but its rough.

took apart the head and intake manifold and started playing around with the fuel injector wiring. after switching and playing around with the wiring, now i got all fuel injectors spraying at the same time while turning the distributor...

i know its some wiring issue that i have to deal with. i checked the correct wiring order on the injectors and everything is right.

if this is a big wiring issue, how would i go ahead and bypass the stock fuel injector wiring and just go ahead and put new wires? where should i run the wires from the ecu?. any help here would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. its not an ecu problem because i already tried 3 different ecus and still did the same thing. also, it has stock fuel injectors
 

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
Originally posted by klacfyde@Jul 9 2005, 01:07 PM
please help me. i dont know how else to fix this. i swapped a b16a to my crx and found out that injectors 2 and 3 are dumping fuel on the cylinder non stop, drowning it after. the car starts but its rough.

took apart the head and intake manifold and started playing around with the fuel injector wiring. after switching and playing around with the wiring, now i got all fuel injectors spraying at the same time while turning the distributor...

i know its some wiring issue that i have to deal with. i checked the correct wiring order on the injectors and everything is right.

if this is a big wiring issue, how would i go ahead and bypass the stock fuel injector wiring and just go ahead and put new wires? where should i run the wires from the ecu?. any help here would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. its not an ecu problem because i already tried 3 different ecus and still did the same thing. also, it has stock fuel injectors
[post=523186]Quoted post[/post]​

my suggestion would be to run each injector wire straight to the ecu. With the exception if the 4 red/blk wires that go to the resistor box.
Since you have power going to the injectors and they are firing, leave the 4 red/blk wires and the yel/blk wire alone and run the following:

Brown wire from injector #1 to pin slot A1
Red wire from injector #2 to pin slot A3
Light Blue wire from injector #3 to pin slot A5
Yellow wire from injector #4 to pin slot A7

here's the reference:

I would only do what I said above if you are ABSOLUTELY sure you're wiring is correct but the problem is still happening.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

klacfyde

Junior Member
THank you so much! ill try this out.
im not sure if i mentioned this from my previous post. but i did wire EACH + wire injector ( wired injectors STRAIGHT from the ecu. and then i started spinning the distributor. it didnt spray any fuel at all. wasnt sure what the injectors needed to spray.

so should i just go ahead and WIRE manually all the injector wires ( brown, light blue, red and yellow wires) from the ECU straight to the injectors and then TAKE OUT the 4 red/blk wires from the resistor box? i hope my question made some sense. please get back with me.

ill letyou know what happens this coming weekend. the car is 150 miles away from me right now. ill get back with you as soon as i tried this. thanks again!


Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Jul 10 2005, 07:33 PM-->
@Jul 9 2005, 01:07 PM
please help me. i dont know how else to fix this. i swapped a b16a to my crx and found out that injectors 2 and 3 are dumping fuel on the cylinder non stop, drowning it after. the car starts but its rough.

took apart the head and intake manifold and started playing around with the fuel injector wiring. after  switching and playing around with the wiring, now i got all fuel injectors spraying at the same time while turning the distributor...

i know its some wiring issue that i have to deal with. i checked the correct wiring order on the injectors and everything is right.

if this is a big wiring issue, how would i go ahead and bypass the stock fuel injector wiring and just go ahead and put new wires? where should i run the wires from the ecu?. any help here would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. its not an ecu problem because i already tried 3 different ecus and still did the same thing. also, it has stock fuel injectors
[post=523186]Quoted post[/post]​

my suggestion would be to run each injector wire straight to the ecu. With the exception if the 4 red/blk wires that go to the resistor box.
Since you have power going to the injectors and they are firing, leave the 4 red/blk wires and the yel/blk wire alone and run the following:

Brown wire from injector #1 to pin slot A1
Red wire from injector #2 to pin slot A3
Light Blue wire from injector #3 to pin slot A5
Yellow wire from injector #4 to pin slot A7

here's the reference:
http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29360

I would only do what I said above if you are ABSOLUTELY sure you're wiring is correct but the problem is still happening.
[post=523708]Quoted post[/post]​
 

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
No, the 4 red/blk wires need to stay going to the resistor box and the yel/blk wire needs to stay as well because that is what is giving the injectors power. Here, follow this guide http://effinmotorworks.com/Effin_MPFI_swap.htm and make sure you did everything that way. If the problem still happens, take each injector wire, brown, red, blue, yellow and run them straight to thecorrect pin slots at the ECU. do not change anything else.
 

klacfyde

Junior Member
Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Jul 12 2005, 06:00 AM
No, the 4 red/blk wires need to stay going to the resistor box and the yel/blk wire needs to stay as well because that is what is giving the injectors power.  Here, follow this guide http://effinmotorworks.com/Effin_MPFI_swap.htm and make sure you did everything that way.  If the problem still happens, take each injector wire, brown, red, blue, yellow and run them straight to thecorrect pin slots at the ECU.  do not change anything else.
[post=524585]Quoted post[/post]​


now, 2 and 3 is not spraying gas constantly. somehow, the light blue wire was the one causing major problems. i dont know why or how, but even if the light blue wire wasnt connected straight from the ecu ( meaning, its connected to the STOCK wire but i disconnected it from the ecu itself) it was still getting signal and it still injects some fuel. like i said, its a real fuck up.

after testing some wiring setup, i2 and 3 is not firing constantly anymore.. the firing order i get is 2 then 3 fires then 4 fires then 1 fires. is this the right way for the fuel injection to fire? im kind of confused. isnt 1 and 4 supposed to fire at the same time then 2 & 3 goes after that (or vice versa)?
or is it maybe we are not spinning the distributor fast enough?
sorry for the long post.
 

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
Originally posted by klacfyde@Jul 23 2005, 05:01 PM
now, 2 and 3 is not spraying gas constantly. somehow, the light blue wire was the one causing major problems. i dont know why or how, but even if the light blue wire wasnt connected straight from the ecu ( meaning, its connected to the STOCK wire but i disconnected it from the ecu itself) it was still getting signal and it still injects some fuel. like i said, its a real fuck up.

after testing some wiring setup, i2 and 3 is not firing constantly anymore.. the firing order i get is 2 then 3 fires then 4 fires then 1 fires. is this the right way for the fuel injection to fire? im kind of confused. isnt 1 and 4 supposed to fire at the same time then 2 & 3 goes after that (or vice versa)?
or is it maybe we are not spinning the distributor fast enough?
sorry for the long post.
[post=530236]Quoted post[/post]​

it's hard for me to help pin point the problem because I can't see all the wiring in person. As far as the injectors go, they all fire independently, not 2 at a time.

Make sure you are spinning the dizzy clock wise (counter-clock wise if you are looking at it from the side that goes into the intake cam)

Depending on where the dizzy is set when you start spinning it determines which injector will fire first. The injectors fire differently than the firing order.
Injectors fire in this order: 1 2 4 3

So if the dizzy is set to fire 4, next would be 3, then 1, then 2. I hope i'm explaining this so you can understand... PM me if you have any more questions.
 

klacfyde

Junior Member
Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Jul 24 2005, 07:15 AM-->
@Jul 23 2005, 05:01 PM
now, 2 and 3 is not spraying gas constantly. somehow, the light blue wire was the one causing major problems. i dont know why or how, but even if the light blue wire wasnt connected straight from the ecu ( meaning, its connected to the STOCK wire but  i disconnected it from the ecu itself) it was still getting signal and it still injects some fuel. like i said, its a real fuck up.

after testing some wiring setup, i2 and 3 is not firing constantly anymore.. the firing order i get is 2 then 3 fires then 4 fires then 1 fires. is this the right way for the fuel injection to fire? im kind of confused. isnt 1 and 4 supposed to fire at the same time then 2 & 3 goes after that (or vice versa)?
or is it maybe we are not spinning the distributor fast enough?
sorry for the long post.
[post=530236]Quoted post[/post]​

it's hard for me to help pin point the problem because I can't see all the wiring in person. As far as the injectors go, they all fire independently, not 2 at a time.

Make sure you are spinning the dizzy clock wise (counter-clock wise if you are looking at it from the side that goes into the intake cam)

Depending on where the dizzy is set when you start spinning it determines which injector will fire first. The injectors fire differently than the firing order.
Injectors fire in this order: 1 2 4 3

So if the dizzy is set to fire 4, next would be 3, then 1, then 2. I hope i'm explaining this so you can understand... PM me if you have any more questions.
[post=530356]Quoted post[/post]​


the way i saw it was that it was firing like this.... 2 3 4 then 1
and observed it that injector 2 was firing 2x as much than 3 and 4 and 1 was firing 70-80% of the time. is it maybe because we werent spinning the distributor too fast that it wasnt getting he signal right for 3 and 4 and especially for 1?

btw, i PMed you just right now. thanks for the help so far
 
Top