Cuba

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Man I'm old. I've never air bnb'd. I still remember AAA trip-tix.

I don't use it often, but you couldn't book hotels online when I went, and I couldn't use a credit card at a hotel once I got there. I wanted to make sure I had a place reserved and ready to go when I got there. The renter also booked a car for me. So when we got to the airport, a taxi was waiting for us and know exactly where to take us. We had everything booked before we even got on the island. So all we needed was Cuban dollars and we were set. None of that matters now because you can book hotels on Expedia. lol

What do you want from you vacation in Cuba? Just resort style of holidays or more active with excursions and snorkeling maybe? Varadero is the most popular beach resort area but I would advise to stay at least 2-3 days in Havana and than go for 10 days to Varadero or islands. For more authentic experience you can even rent property in Cuba https://tranio.com/rent/cuba/. Must to see and do:
- smoke Cuban sigar / drink mojito
- ride classic car (there are plenty of them)
- visit Morro castle
- local city tours
- diving.

What do you want from you vacation in Cuba? Just resort style of holidays or more active with excursions and snorkeling maybe? Varadero is the most popular beach resort area but I would advise to stay at least 2-3 days in Havana and than go for 10 days to Varadero or islands. For more authentic experience you can even rent property in Cuba https://tranio.com/rent/cuba/. Must to see and do:
- smoke Cuban sigar / drink mojito
- ride classic car (there are plenty of them)
- visit Morro castle
- local city tours
- diving.

Definitely more of the excursions and local culture type of thing. That was the thing about cruising in Alaska we didn't like as we were on the schedule of the boat.

Havana looks pretty amazing and we are both into new experiences and local cuisine etc.

Trying to make this a surprise for the wife but I'm gonna need her to get the time off work. I'll hold off as long as possible I guess.

Thanks again to everyone for the input.

Back