Current Economic Issue?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StealthMode

Kung Foolin'
Anyone have a good idea what I can write about? I have a paper/presentation due tomorrow afternoon, and I've been searching the internet for a while and nothing strikes my fancy enough for me to write a small, 2-3 page paper on. Any input is WELCOMED! :worthy:

Yeah this is the only one that really caught my attention. Plus we talked about pensions last week in class. Now to try to write a paper....:yucky:

anything but gas prices. im sure your teacher will see 20 of those and get sick of reading them shortly...

if not the one you stated, how about Katrina relief crap?

Well, Gas Prices and Katrina are pretty much everything that people talk about. I'd like to come up with something different. I have 3 hours to get this entire paper and presentation done.

how about global warming?

it will effect our heat and a/c bills...

you want a real touchy issue?

cover the US support to isreal, especially in military aid, since their inception to present day, altough they are a well standing and can be completely independant of US support...

search average cost per US taxpayer to foreign/financial aid to isreal...

I actually saw a couple articles on Israel topics. But I didn't think that I could BS a paper and a presentation about it.

it would be a tough project to do without being labeled as an anti semite and being thrown off campus, and if you have a jewish prof you;re fucked...

LOL yeah. And the sad thing is that I would be SUPPORTING the Israelis by saying that they don't need US occupation. Fucking political correctness can eat my ass.

Democrats and Al-quaida, hand in hand since 1992.

We throw money into that region because it's a bastion of western society, without which the Muslim hordes would grow, and ultimately, take over. See the West bank now ? that's the future of the middle east without Israel.

to get back on topic: The Peter Jennings thing on insurance was an AWESOME report on insurance costs and unsustainable economic systems.

I'll think about bringing the Peter Jennings thing up in class maybe for a discussion, but I'm about half done with my paper now. Due at 2:00, and alas, it's 11:20.

SUPPORTING the Israelis by saying that they don't need US occupation.
israel? us occupation?
hmmmm...
us support maybe?

Al-qaeda was just a term used by the CIA to represent their database of CIA "operatives" or contacts...
it wasn't until the mid to late 90's that this database of contacts was turned into the big bad boogeyman that's out to get us...

We throw money into that region because it's a bastion of western society, without which the Muslim hordes would grow, and ultimately, take over. See the West bank now ? that's the future of the middle east without Israel.
the last time i brought this topic up you went and spouted complete diarrhea saying that israel is so independent and financial self sufficient and the us did not give them money, and then i posted a link completely obliterating your argument... and never heard back from you...

now you say its cause a bastion of western society?
give me a break...
we give israel so much money because of who's in power in the US...
you think israel has nukes because they are a bastion of western society? or you think israel has nukes cause we gave them to israel?
and why would we give israel nukes, or at least the info to makes nukes, yet we want to invade and impose sanctions on Iran or north Korea... or that's right... those countries aren't our "friends" read don't bow down to Washington...

back to the topic...
insurance would definately make a good topic, lots of info... prob too much for one paper
you could focus specifically on health insurance, and how the majority of US citizens want national health care, but the minority(rich) in power don't want to give normal people health care...
it would also be good to note we're the only world power to not provide our citizens with health care...
oh and the insurance companies and pharmies would shit a brick if we offered nation wide health care to all...
this could get you into the injustices and practices put in place to make the rich richer, and the poor poorer...

Private employers, while required to account for their pensions, have played sophisticated games with the numbers -- all within the rules. For example, they can assume the pension fund increased in value when it actually declined. They can assume it will continue increasing in value at a rate that is almost certainly way too high. They can even jack up their reported profits based on that assumed, though nonexistent, increase in pension-fund value.

State and local governments will now have to reveal their pension liabilities, which may be underfunded by $1 trillion or more.

State and local governments will now have to reveal their pension liabilities, which may be underfunded by $1 trillion or more.

excellent topic, especially considering all the corp skimping out on their pension obligations, and how much its been in the news lately...

Especially because this is how it was until very recently.
No government is required to tell you its pension liability the way, say, General Motors is, on the theory that governments can always just extract more money from the taxpayers to pay retirees.

What's the differene between pension and 401k?

not an expert on the matter but i believe pension is fully funded by the corp and 401K is partially funded by the corp and partially by the employee

but it could also just be that 401K is a pension, but a stricter form as defined by tax law #401 sub section K...

dem's and al queda?? wtf?

if anything its the gop's that have thier hands held.... too many back door business deals. shady fucks

Back