D/b Series Interchange

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

do any b series parts interchange w/ d series? I would think a piston is a piston, as long as the bore is the correct size. If they don't please include explanation why.

you can run b series rods and supra pistons in a d series with modification to the rods. this is a cheaper build for boost. i think you can run an ls throttle body on d series as well

B series pistons won't fit- the bore isn't large enough to fit them in... 75mm vs 81mm there. The B series rods will need some machining- the big end is too wide for the D crank. You'll also need bushings to fit the smaller wrist pins of the D pistons into the larger hold of the B rods- unless you're running GX pistons. I believe Crower makes some. If you use non-Honda pistons, you'll have to check for clearances yourself on the rods and wrist pins.

Originally posted by cockstronghalfablocklong@Feb 25 2003, 09:28 PM
thanx for clearing that up

Sure thing.

Some people do use B series throttle bodies on D series intake manifolds though- small things here and there are still interchangeable, but it's not very common. Example- my SOHC ZC has an Integra throttle body on it.

Experience, research, the "knack", and a hunger for wanting to know how everything works... along with the training and education to know what's for real and what's not.

:lol:

Example- my SOHC ZC has an Integra throttle body on it.

isnt the ZC an integra/civic motor itself?

(im not trying to be smart or anything im just trying to understand it)

thanks
Jamie Dude

Originally posted by jamiedude@Feb 26 2003, 09:56 PM
Example- my SOHC ZC has an Integra throttle body on it.

isnt the ZC an integra/civic motor itself?

(im not trying to be smart or anything im just trying to understand it)

thanks
Jamie Dude

Here....

y8 IM will accept b-series and h-series TB's without mods.. z6 IM they have to be modified to work.

cockstronghalfablocklong- I'm a mechanical engineer, but I'm serving time as a manager in the manufacturing area of a major oil field services company. I have lots of hands-on experience, but only with my girlfriend's 88 Civic and my 95. I work on cars as a hobby, and would rather wrench on it myself than take it somewhere to get done... except for the engine on my daily driver. I leave that to the pros. But basically, the experience comes from lots of time doing research and lots of time reasoning things out.

:lol:

jamiedude- Basically, yeah. It was called the ZC in Japan, but variants of it as a D16 DOHC non-VTEC engine were also available in the 86-89 USDM Integra.

Back