D15b1?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

h82w8

I just bought a 91 civic h/b. I thought it would have a 90hp d15b2 like my 90 civic but i looked at the engine code and it said d15b1. the closest thing i could find in the reference section is this

D15B
Displacement (cc): 1493
Power (bhp@rpm): 130@6800
Torque (ft/lbs@rpm): 14.1kg/m@5200
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Bore (mm): 75
Stroke (mm): 84.5
Cam Design: sohc
VTEC?: yes
OBD:
Year(s) Produced: 1991-1999
In the following car(s): Honda Civic VTi (EG4)

this is not the engine I have. I've never heard of the vti. the engine I have feels like a d15b2. what in the hell is this engine in my car????

the engine looks exactly like the d15b2, black valve cover, dpfi, instead of having alarge metal throttle body like the d15b7 it has a small round black box that my intake tube connects to. :unsure:

Small round black box???Pics??

EDIT:got something for you I'll post more as I find it not gonna like this

it is throttle body injected
1493cc D15B1/2 SOHC
CIVIC,CRX 16V TBI
88-92

Did find this about the infamous JDM d15b

JDM

Hatch 23L/U E-EF1 D13B ~81hp
25R/X/XT E-EF2 D15B ~90hp <--------
Si E-EF3 ZC ~128hp
SiR/SiRII E-EF9 B16A ~158hp

So far I've found that most sohc zc's were carburated,the infamous sohc vtec zc was actually stamped with a D series designator and is thrown in with the zc's because of when it was availible.And there are too many conflicting specs on the d15b some saying it is 130hp others saying it is 90hp so who knows.

Sorry to butt in on your thread,but it is what got me started looking in the first place. :D

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 29 2003, 12:49 AM
And there are too many conflicting specs on the d15b some saying it is 130hp others saying it is 90hp so who knows.

There are so many conflicting specs because there are that many different versions of the D15 out there.

There is a 130hp ish D15B- it's the 3 stage VTEC that was in the VTi.
There is also a 92hp D15B- it was in the base model 4G Civics.
The 102hp D15B7 was in base model 5G Civics.
D15Z, SOHC VTEC-E 92hp or so...
The 70hp D15 would have been in the CX, and there was also a weak one in the 4G HF. There are tons of D15 specs out there, because there really are that many different D15Bx engines around.

Originally posted by Calesta+Jan 29 2003, 05:25 AM-->
@Jan 29 2003, 12:49 AM
And there are too many conflicting specs on the d15b some saying it is 130hp others saying it is 90hp so who knows.

There are so many conflicting specs because there are that many different versions of the D15 out there.

There is also a 92hp D15B- it was in the base model 4G Civics.
The 102hp D15B7 was in base model 5G Civics.
D15Z, SOHC VTEC-E 92hp or so...
The 70hp D15 would have been in the CX, and there was also a weak one in the 4G HF. There are tons of D15 specs out there, because there really are that many different D15Bx engines around.

note- the d15b with 130 horse is a vtec-e system as well

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 29 2003, 04:32 AM
note- the d15b with 130 horse is a vtec-e system as well

Not really... I guess you could call it a system similar to VTEC-E since one of the modes is like the VTEC-E's low-rpm mode... but it's still a weird 3 stage VTEC system that can't be classified with the rest of them.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 29 2003, 11:25 AM

This is the one that I wonder about the most,where was it released in the vti.I wasn't aware that Japan had the vti,and it wasn't in Europe.What I was thinking is it is the Australian motor.I talked to someone over there that had a vti and swore it was a sohc,I didn't think it was because that would be like putting a sohc in a siR.But I have seen the carburated zc EG,so I guess anything is possible.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 30 2003, 02:22 AM
The 3 stage VTEC D15B is a single cam engine.

Sorry I wasn't clear on that.What I meant was the guy said his vti had a SOHC and it made no sense because evrywhere else in the world,that I have seen the vti's and siR's came with DOHC vtec.He wasn't saying it was nescessaraliy the D15B. :D

i am really confused on what my engine is. someone help. heres the deal i have a 90 civic h/b dx. the engine code says d15b1 but it has 16 valves. i looked up the d15b1 and they say that they are only 8 valves. also it is a shitty ass 4 speed :angry: . i was thinking that maybe the original owner put a new valve on or head. what kinda engine do i have.

You dig up a thread that's about a year and a half old to jack it, for info that's already posted? blah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back