d16 into an integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97dc4

Alright before I get a bunch of flames about how retarded it would be to have a d series in an integra, save your words, i already know.

Short backround on the situation. I have two cars. A 1995 integra with a built b18c1 and a stock 1993 civic si hatchback. The unibody on my integra is shot, i used to use this car for autocross but feel that the unibody can no longer handle the stress of autocrossing. So... i want to put my gsr motor in my hatch. And by default I'll have a d16 laying around and want to put it in my integra. I feel that the d16 will be fine in the integra for a daily driver, get me here and there and everywhere i need to go. The hatch will be the weekend warrior. So what's needed to put a d16 in an integra? keep in mind i have both complete cars.

im almost sure you already have everything you need. maybe some more mounts though. you might need to mix and match them

don't they still use d series in integras in europe or japan? if so get the mounts...

other than that...? good luck

why not get a b18 or something?
i think it would cost you less to buy a stock b18 then it would to get all the shit right so that the teg would be driveable...

if the d motor is not PERFECTLY straight it will vibrate the whole car so bad it will not be road safe...

sell the teg

Thanks for the replies.
well, I'm hoping that I already have everything needed to complete both swaps, so all it would cost is my time. Compared to the $1,000 I would need to buy a complete b18 swap. I know it would be better, but I'm cheap, lol. I'm going to be the one driving the car, not like I'm ever going to pop the hood and show off my d16. I just want it to drive. Why is it that the d series needs to be straight or it will rattle? I've never heard that before. Wouldn't that be true with all motors? And how would it not be straight anyway?

I guess I'm thinking in the short term right now. Eventually, I'd either junk the teg due to the bad unibody, or swap a b18 in it and sell it.

yes, thats true for ALL motors...

you ever do a swap and use the wrong mount?
if you have you know exactly what i;m talking about...
if you haven;t then just live and learn...

if one wrong mounts makes the motor sit wrong then the whole car shakes like a 9.0 earthquake...

edit: my experience was with a first gen crx, used a stock crx mount where i needed a stock first gen integra mount, shhok the car so bad couldn;t even drive it on the road very well, got the right mount and it was butter...

i was gonna try and put the EW4 back into the teg shell i got my swap from, same concept as you;re trying, but i needed too many parts off the teg that i would have had to replace, it just wasn;t worth it

Back