D16 Vs. anything else.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey I'm on the Kanadian;) west coast too!

I'm in Victoira on the island, how about you?

Welcome to the forums too!

I'd go for turbo too, turbo with a D16Y8 head.

please dont go with the d series, weather its single cam or not, their really not worth building for the little performance that ull get outa it especially for not having a rex or older hatch.....personally go with another motor, if ur in a money chrises go with a b20 or h22

There is so much fail in this post I dont know where to begin n00b bashing. :dunno:

please dont go with the d series, weather its single cam or not, their really not worth building for the little performance that ull get outa it especially for not having a rex or older hatch.....personally go with another motor, if ur in a money chrises go with a b20 or h22

just curious.. whats so "fail" about his post?

1. You need a dual cam to make good numbers?
2. A built D doesnt make power?
3. D-series' are only good in EFs?
4. And If your short on money you should swap an H-series into a Civic?

yea dude them dual cam d16's aint shit HAHAHAHAHA:ufucktard:

umm quick question...why would you go b swap or h swap if youre in a bind for money?
or was he just pullin shit outta his ass to TRY to sound smart?

umm quick question...why would you go b swap or h swap if youre in a bind for money?
or was he just pullin shit outta his ass to TRY to sound smart?

i do that a lot, but usually it works for me.
because i AM smart.
i just dont know much about cars.. yet.
lol

well see.. if i was you, id go xyz swap with a double backsplash tranny swap, stage 69 clutch, F1 turbo, and slap a GTEC head on there.. any one will do.
id say a M6 or higher.

and throw some lime green rims and a forrest green paint job on that bitch.
and youll be done.
lol

well see.. if i was you, id go xyz swap with a double backsplash tranny swap, stage 69 clutch, F1 turbo, and slap a GTEC head on there.. any one will do.
id say a M6 or higher.

and throw some lime green rims and a forrest green paint job on that bitch.
and youll be done.
lol

yup!
that about calls it a day!!

there isnt a better built.. haha

yup.
if i had about 20 bucks, id do that to my car.
thats right, cheap AND fast.
and people said it was impossible..

i would say bust your ass and do a h22 or h23 vtec swap i just finished one yester day on an ek. and i think its one of the best motors to buy..... their is more than enough power for your civic. the swap isnt that hard... just a lot harder than a b series. or k swap but that is EXPESINVE

but with such a small goal of 200hp the turbo d series will be the cheapest and easiest way to get there

youd be much happier with a swap than turboing the single cam that obviousyl has some miles on it at this point. id really suggest you do something like a gsr swap and well leave it relatily stock or maybe the normal exhaust and intake or even a nice set of cams youd be satifues and have a very realiable setup unlike the turbo single cam its a constant worry to make sure you arent going to have to build the motor all over again. jsut my opinion

Noobs have ruined this site....

So far, I've witnessed:

- Stupid questions that could easily be answered by doing a search....
- Stupid answers from people that obviously don't know what they're talking about...
- People that joined in Oct 2008, calling themselves "Senior Members"...
- Real senior members/Moderators, allowing this to happen...

Back