D16 Vtec Head ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
So I'm gonna be goin to a guys garage I know and look thru some of his parts he take off cars he works on when they have blown motors etc.. I think it may have come out of an integra and in that case It's useless to me. cause I'm lookin to use it as parts for a mini-me job. but he's got other heads too. So does anyone possibly know the casting numbers for vtec heads that will mate up with a d15 or d16 ?? Thanks in advance

Dennis buy my motor, seriously. Once I find someone to take the shell off of my hands I can sell the engine.

The vtec heads have the spark plugs towards the front of the engine where as non-vtec have them towards the back.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Jan 19 2003, 09:19 PM
So I'm gonna be goin to a guys garage I know and look thru some of his parts he take off cars he works on when they have blown motors etc.. I think it may have come out of an integra and in that case It's useless to me. cause I'm lookin to use it as parts for a mini-me job. but he's got other heads too. So does anyone possibly know the casting numbers for vtec heads that will mate up with a d15 or d16 ?? Thanks in advance

look in my Albums for the difference (engine in car is D15B7, engine on bed is D16Z6)

fuck you retard.
thats it, you're banned again for being a retard.

RETARDS WILL BE BANNED SOONER THAN RICERS FROM NOW ON.

anyway, now that fuckface has been banned =)

buy jeff's motor...

or wait another year ;p and buy mine. lol

its been too long.

well at the moment any extra cash has been going into paying off bills etc... trying to get my wife and I into a nice house.
so as far s buyin motors I'm not sure how long it'll take me to get together enough cash.
where on the other hand I can go to my buddies garage and look thru his parts bin and the best part is the parts are practically free.
like $50 for a head etc..

im actually wondering the same thing.......vtec ( spelled correctly) head for my d16y7.....???? and im gonna need ecu and wire harness for vtec right?

Originally posted by VTECcivicVTEC@Jan 20 2003, 01:03 AM
jeff's motor is conterfiet.

and not all spark plugs in the front are VTEC.

Your a fucking retard. I have the papers saying I legally bought it. I don't fucking steal shit like you do. Thank god your banned.

ok so you have a y7 motor..... get

full d16y8:
head
intake manifold w/ injectors, sensors, tb, rail
timing belt
waterpump
headgasket
and p2t ecu

you do have a 96+ correct??? if so all you need is to wire vtec.....

scratch the idea on the p2t ecu

just get a manual ex ecu either 96-98 or 99-00 depending on your year.

i should find a totaled ex manual and strip that beast? sounds like a plan....CAP down the road from me has a few rearended ones i think......atleast one...thanx dawg

D15 VTEC is really VTEC-E (E being "economy"). If your trying to do a head swap go with Z6. easiest bolt-on possible. And you will have vtec.

Back