d16a6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

'91rex

d16a6 'check engine light'

I'm having problems in high rpms, i think wen i took it to get a oil change those dumb fucks @ sears wore my elec. tape on my intake tube an thats where it started. anyway i took it to auto zone, they cant check my ecu for error codes cuz its not a late model. its sort of a puttering, feels like its bout die. wen i nail it---nothing---but as soon as i come off jus a little...puh,puh, puh,put. and it jerks a lil. heeeeeeelp!:(

Last edited:
By your SN I take it you have a 91 CRX? If so pull up the carpet on the passanger side under the dash. You will find the ECU there. Theres a red LED that will flash if you have a check engine light on. Count how many times it flashs. You will have to pick up a manual or search online for the diagram to tell what the Check engine light is on for.

Or you could go HondaSwap's reference section and read how to pull the codes and what each one means.

It's amazing what that wacky reference section contains.:cool:

Hell yeah the reference section in some manuals are useless.
Hondaswap reference for the win!!!

checked it out, the light only came on once wen i was driving it. then it went off. i guess the ecu didnt store the eec. however the dam motor is hesitating wen i'm jus chillin over 60mph, or better yet, @ high rpms. I, as well as my mechanic is stumped!

My 89' HF did the same thing and it turned out to be the valve lash!

Oh yeah by the way thanks to Blanco for that one.

nothing really, jus checking for the ecu flashes--none. but i'll see, in a day or so. what is 'valve lash'?

i also thought about when i 1st bought the car. when i noticed smoke over 60mph, i found that all the valves burnt up except one. so i think i'll replace those too, it's been about 18,--- some odd miles since they were replaced / and high temps due to constant radiator leaks. on a tight budget, any good suppliers you know of?

btw, i'm not too ecstatic about that ebay crap they're selling

Back