D16Y7 into 95 civic Lsi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

speedborn

A friend of mine just bought a D16Y7 engine that came from a '96 civic DX and he wants to put it in his '95 civic lsi (now he has the stock D15).

The engine is D16Y7 multipoint injectionand his car has the wiring for a single point injection, and the D16Y7 is OBD2a and his car should be OBD1, Right?

So should he use his ECU or the ECU that comes with the D16Y7 engine?

If he stays with his ECU he will be able to retain his wiring harness with some modification to it? If so what are those modifications?

If he has to use the D16Y7 ECU, should he get a 96-99 wiring harness?
Using a 96-99 harness how can he connect the wires of the dashboard if the plug from the dashboard is obd1 and the ECU is obd2?

Well in the the end is all related to the wiring to put the D16Y7 into his lsi using the easiest method.

Thanks a lot

well does the ecu not connect btw i had a d16y7 engine in mine as well i had a stock d15b7 but the cylinders walls wer broken wen i bought the car tryed the d16y7 and the bolts and the crankshaft bearings flew out from the bottom end and then got another d16y7 and worked perfect with my d15b7 ecu but didnt like the engine so i got a d15z3 Vtec E the economical version thats gud had a few wiring to do like the vtec switch and the egr valve. also the oxygen sensor which is a pain in the ass as its 5 wires which i did get it done but cnt get the sensor for it in the uk now am planning to put in the b18c4 Vtec engine in its a UK version of the civic Vti engine in the 1998-2001 i think the 5 door wagon but you shouldnt have a problem with the ecu if so i could find you an ecu for the d16y7 engine and il price it up plus shipping for you.

I've got some wiring instructions if you want just add me to hotmail and il email it to you

Back