D16Z6 into 88 CRX Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fastaccord

I have been trying to get a motor for this CRX and I was originally going with the ZC DOHC, now I believe I am going with the D16Z6 because I can get one from a friend of mine for cheap. Everywhere I called was on back order for the ZC engine. I need to know what is required to do the swap, my friends dad has every tool known to man and we just put a JDM B18c into is 95 Si hatch. I just need to know what modifications need to be made to get the engine in. Thanks guys

Peace*

use your stock tranny, stock cltch and flywheel, you need the drivers side motor mount off of your 88 motor, use the 92 -95 intake manifold, use the peak and hold injectors from your 88 and the distributor from your 88, convert the plug for the coolant temperature sensor on the back of your block to the plug that goes into the plug on the 92-95 thermostat housing. this is all you need to do if you have an Si, and run your vtec to a 12 v positive switched source such as a button or an rpm activated switch

If you have a DX then you need to perform an MPFi conversion, get an 88-91 Si distributor, ecu and injectors and injector resistor box, or keep everything 92-95 on the motor and convert your wiring to obd1 and get a p28.

Back