D16Z6 into 91 DX hatch , need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

engineswap5

Hey guys , i just picked up a d16z6 and im getting ready to drop it into my hatch. I have a few questions and was hopeing somebody could help me out

1. The D16Z6 doesent have a flywheel, can i use the one off my D15B2?
2. the only mount i have to change is the driverside correct?
3.wiring. ok basically this is what i was told, please tell me if im mistaken.... i have a p28 ecu..so i get a obd 0 to obd1 conversion hardness thats plugs into the p28 then into my old harness...next i run the extra wires for the 7 wire dizzy, vtec solenoid, extra injectors and the 4 wire o2 sensor.

so i guess ill have to get the clips for the injectors, o2 sensor,dizzy, vtec solinoid?

do i have this right?

if you could direct me to any good writeups id aprrechaite it

O, also , am i going to need a different alternator? i was reading somewhere i need a obd 1 alt, is this true?

If you have done this swap plz let me kno how it went/what to kno, Thanks very much.

what wiring harness are you going to use? you canuse the same flywheel and clutch combo aslong as you dont change trannys... you might be able to reuse the driveside mount and bracket combo on the car that comes with the old dx motor.. as far as wiring it have to be swapped for dual point ignition to multiport ignition...

what wiring harness are you going to use? you canuse the same flywheel and clutch combo aslong as you dont change trannys... you might be able to reuse the driveside mount and bracket combo on the car that comes with the old dx motor.. as far as wiring it have to be swapped for dual point ignition to multiport ignition...
I wanted to just swap everything over to the 92 - engine-trans - ecu( if it plugs up) and somehow get the clutch to work.

1. The D16Z6 doesent have a flywheel, can i use the one off my D15B2?
yep.
sure can if you're using the d15b2 tranny still. if you're using the z6 trans though then i'm not sure. if you have a 89-91 tranny/clutch then i believe it should work..

2. the only mount i have to change is the driverside correct?
yea, you need to swap the engine post mount from the b2 over to the z6

3.wiring. ok basically this is what i was told, please tell me if im mistaken.... i have a p28 ecu..so i get a obd 0 to obd1 conversion hardness thats plugs into the p28 then into my old harness...next i run the extra wires for the 7 wire dizzy, vtec solenoid, extra injectors and the 4 wire o2 sensor. so i guess i'll have to get the clips for the injectors, o2 sensor,dizzy, vtec solenoid?

https://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/dpfi-mpfi-writeup-49557/

O, also , am i going to need a different alternator? i was reading somewhere i need a obd 1 alt, is this true? nope[/n]

If you have done this swap plz let me kno how it went/what to know, Thanks very much.

Back