D16Z6 throwing a code...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
i have a 95 si and my damn check engine light came on out of nowhere. So i was like wtf. So i baby it home. And when i park and turn off the car i decide to see if i still throw a code when i turn it back on. And my check engine light didnt come back on. Is that normal? And i know i need a tune up so will my check engine light come on because of needing a tune up? I have never thrown a code yet so i am not sure please help. I dont know what code i am throwing because my light didnt come back on yet...

it just did it when you were crusing or did you get on it? then it pop the code?
when was the last time you gave it a tune up

Well i got on it when this guy cut me off just to pass him and like a minute later the check engine light came on. I know i need a tune up. I have been just putting it off. I have the oem wires and some denso plugs i just need the cap, rotor and maybe the feul filter. I also need an oit change i am at 3100 miles. I plan on doing it all soon. But will i throw a code needing a tune up?

it may due to the fact the plugs are not buring everthing and when it hits the O2 sen.. . it may think that somethings wrong. My civic did the samething. when I gave it a tune up it hasnt since.. you could all ways drive it and see if it comes back on. But i still say ya should tune it up first. seeing how ya say it needs it

Well i made a thread laike last month explaining how my car would crank but not turn over so i kind of self-jump started it. i placed a screwdriver in the #2 sparkplug wire and placed it on my valve cover creating a complete circut and when the car started to turn over i turned off the car and put the plug wire back in the hole. And it worked fine for like a month now, but it did it again today and it started fine again but now i m throwing some kind of code. So i know i need a tune up. And thanks for the quick responses i really needed the help. I know my hondas but i have yet to throw a code until now.

you may wanna check the distuberter it could be going out. other then that you may have to get the code read

i had a 95 coupe before this and before i did the swap my old d series dizzy went up. I was driving and it just shut off. No problems at all with it before that. It just shut off. all my lights on my guage cluster went up and blinked like crazy. It cranked but never turned over. So my dizzy went up with out a warning. I didnt replace it i just swapped the motor for the good old b-series i had waiting to go in. But i hydroplaned and totalled it. So now i m stuck on what to do.

It happened again today. I dont know what it is. I was driving normaly on 695 going to get a bite to eat and the cel comes on. So when i pull over to read the code this time i dont see it. I looked all around the ecu and didnt find any codes or flashes. The only ecu i looked at for a code had the code flashing as soon as i pulled the carpet. Where do i look for it? Sorry to ask such a dumb question but i want to know and the last ecu i looked at the number was flashing at the top.

you have to turn your key till the dash lights come on, then look. the ecu is under the carpet in front of the passenger door. i think you have to take off a plate.

yeah i tried that and no code came up. It only comes up when i am driving and it has only did it twice now. I just thought i was doing something wrong. But tune-up is coming this weekend when i finally have a day off these last 3 days of work has been killer.

Back