d16z6 turbo build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicdx

ok so im looking at turboin my d16z6 im getting for free from a buddy after i rebuild it with a rebuild kit and i am wondering what boost can i run without getting to deep into this at the start. i have a to3/to4 turbo i had from a old ls/vtec project. i dont want to build internals or nothing major to this motor besides adding the turbo. i have done a lot of research on this and have yet to find a real straight answer. i know stock internals you can run 200whp but that needs extras. im using this motor as a daily driver so nothing over the top and i dont want to hear about b18s or any other swap. just need help to find a lvl of boost that wont need all kinds of extras to run.

i got no problem getting a wastegate bov piping and maybe injectors as i have a walbro sitting around but thats already getting a little far.

ok was having a of day and had no clue what i was typing there at first so try to ignore first post. im planning on turboin my d16z6 and wondering about a cheap hookup. i got the turbo wastegate piping bov and header. what else will i need? please help its been a few years since i have done this and im needing advice

You need a chipped ECU for sure. You might need a new MAP, injectors, and fuel pump.. its all dependent upon how far you want to take it.

i want to try and go as far as stock will take me while still being reliable. i am in the process of chipping my ecu and was thinkin check valves. i got a 255walbro already now just gotta wait to chip the ecu and get injectors.after that i should be set thanks for the help. i know my question was probably dumb but after searching and coming up with everything but what i was looking for i had to ask

Back