D16Z6 turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chops95ex

is a T25 a good turbo for a Z6 engine? A friend has 2 of these and said i could get one for little or nothing. they came off a JDM SR20. It has minimal shaft play, and could use to be cleaned up. all flanges come with it. Will finding a manifold be a problem? How much boost can i possibly run with this? Not sure exactly how he got them but, ones going one his 240,the other is mine if i want it.

its a decent turbo...

you'd be better off with just about any t3 though.

I think the t25 flows the same as a t3 but is harder to make compatible...It can be done but a little extra work will be needed.

Like formby said, you'd need an adapter plate for the mani, where with the t3 you can find premade t3 flanged mani's easily and cheap.

Your going to also need a completely custom DP, which also isn't hard but it's extra work. Might as well while you do it make it 3". A couple 90* bends and a couple flanges and you're done...but again, the work is there.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@May 31 2005, 09:25 AM
I think the t25 flows the same as a t3 but is harder to make compatible...It can be done but a little extra work will be needed.
[post=505620]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope. It's going to take you the same amount of work to use a T25 as it would a T3... and they do NOT flow the same.

so it would be worth $50 then right? i have the means to fabricate a down-pipe.
and i dont think the flange will be a problem. he has the factory flanges for the intake and exhaust sides.

Nope. It's going to take you the same amount of work to use a T25 as it would a T3... and they do NOT flow the same.

ehh, kinda. I should have said it's harder to find parts for. I can't read flow charts or I would compare but I thought they were pretty similar.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 1 2005, 09:22 AM

ehh, kinda. I should have said it's harder to find parts for. I can't read flow charts or I would compare but I thought they were pretty similar.
[post=506084]Quoted post[/post]​

Learn to read the compressor maps.

Back