D16Z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92hatchb

What do I need for the d16z6 swap in my 92 hb dx. Do I need to replace motor mounts, drive axles, shift linkage what do I all need. I was going to do a mini-me swap, but i think that i would be better off just swaping in the d16z6. Any help would be awesome thanks alot.

You don't need all that...

Take out D15B7, bolt in D16Z6, then wire for VTEC and drop in the Z6 ECU, and you're set.

so the only thing I need is the motor, trans and ecu, it bolts right up to my stock motor mount and i can use my drive axles and all of the other stock parts on my car.

you dont even NEED the tranny. but, the z6 has better gear ratios than your current one. but it would bolt up to it if you wanted to use it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 20 2002, 12:19 AM
you dont even NEED the tranny. but, the z6 has better gear ratios than your current one. but it would bolt up to it if you wanted to use it.

:withstupid:

Is it possible for you to see the thread I posted? I have a donor car and im swapping in a preattached D16z6 motor and 5 spd in 1993 civic dx that im removing the D15b7 from. I have a few questions all explained in my thread I posted

What do I need for the d16z6 swap in my 92 hb dx. Do I need to replace motor mounts, drive axles, shift linkage what do I all need. I was going to do a mini-me swap, but i think that i would be better off just swaping in the d16z6. Any help would be awesome thanks alot.
You should do full swap of d16z6 . Its better then a mini.

Back