Dc Exhaust Vs Flowmaster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsolty

Ok today my muffler, fell off my car <_< . I'm riding around now and it sounds like shit!!! Now my pal told me. I need to get a Flowmaster set up for my car. This is where, I want to know what ,you people think?? My car still had the stock muffler and all on it. I want to know would it be better for me to go with the Flowmaster, cuz now they have the 60 series out. This is what they sound like http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/web10/Se...ePerfMuff7.html they don't sound to bad. Ok now i want to go with the DC exhaust. But I don't have $549.00 right now :angry: . Now the Flowmaster is just $159.00 for the set up. I WANT TO KNOW DO I NEED TO GO WITH THE DC EXHAUST OR THE FLOWMASTER 60 SERIES???????????

Yes I do have a header on my car this is for the catback and all coming out the back.

might as well go with a full exhaust if you can afford it.

get the apexi world sport. i paid a little over 400 for mine last summer and its excellent, looks and sounds great.

getting a flowmaster muffler is going to be a waste of your time. mustangs look good with flowmaster products, not civics.

I got an ES oval muffler on my ride. You have to get custom piping from your local shop. But overall, it has a nice sound to it and I got mine for about $100....

http://www.inlinefour.com/estunsysovun.html

it also looks REALLY stock for a sweet sleeper look to it

ps: how do you post pics? i would post a pic of my car with exhaust on, but dont know how.... :huh:

dude theres no use messing around with namebrand exhaust. get full mandrel bent piping to a canister. say 150 for canister, 100 for 2 1/4 mandrel and it wil perform as well as any other lame name brand exhaust. the tone might not b perfect. but for 250 bucks its the best u can get. full DC systems and apexi are a waist of money man. if u want super flow, dont get a canister get full mandrel the whole way.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Feb 3 2003, 07:16 PM
dude theres no use messing around with namebrand exhaust. get full mandrel bent piping to a canister. say 150 for canister, 100 for 2 1/4 mandrel and it wil perform as well as any other lame name brand exhaust. the tone might not b perfect. but for 250 bucks its the best u can get. full DC systems and apexi are a waist of money man. if u want super flow, dont get a canister get full mandrel the whole way.

Hye where can I get this shit at man????

Sleeper is that your time in your sig? if so i would think you would be much faster in the quarter w/ a stripped car.

With only a canister, that car is going to be loud.

Originally posted by chet@Feb 4 2003, 12:24 AM
get the apexi world sport. i paid a little over 400 for mine last summer and its excellent, looks and sounds great.

:werd: :withstupid:

i like having my exhaust hang well, fit perfect and look decent.

its one of the few things i'll actually spend money on...over going the easier route and having an exhaust bent.

I have A custom Bent system and it hang excactly like stock. you just have to find a good shop. My muffler was 1 month used by a buddy of mine. I modified it and the only way you can't tell it's not stock is the pipe dia and the tip. I have a header and stock catalyc convetor. Sounds Sick (My buddys say it does) and looks good!! All together, 200 bucks canadian ($125 US).

Originally posted by 90vtec@Feb 4 2003, 09:06 PM
I have A custom Bent system and it hang excactly like stock. you just have to find a good shop. My muffler was 1 month used by a buddy of mine. I modified it and the only way you can't tell it's not stock is the pipe dia and the tip. I have a header and stock catalyc convetor. Sounds Sick (My buddys say it does) and looks good!! All together, 200 bucks canadian ($125 US).

Yeah can you tell me when I can fine one???

I went this route also. Get the muffler that you want (get a good brand) then go to an exhaust shop and have them bend the pipes for you. Look for places that can do mandel bends (dont know if i spelled it right). These bends keep a constant diameter all throughout the tubing. For size, natural asperating engines should get 2.25 inches if your middly modifiyed (under 200 or so crank hp) and if your running extremly high #'s go with 2.5 inches. For turbo, i would go with a 3 inch piping. Remember the bigger you go, the louder it will be.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 5 2003, 04:25 PM
I went this route also. Get the muffler that you want (get a good brand) then go to an exhaust shop and have them bend the pipes for you. Look for places that can do mandel bends (dont know if i spelled it right). These bends keep a constant diameter all throughout the tubing. For size, natural asperating engines should get 2.25 inches if your middly modifiyed (under 200 or so crank hp) and if your running extremly high #'s go with 2.5 inches. For turbo, i would go with a 3 inch piping. Remember the bigger you go, the louder it will be.

youll also get better flow and mileage thou.... the better flow will also improve performance.

the stock pipe on my prelude is like a drinkin straw... when i put a real exhaust im thinkin it will help a fair bit.

Originally posted by [spoon
,Feb 5 2003, 08:52 PM] youll also get better flow and mileage thou.... the better flow will also improve performance.

the stock pipe on my prelude is like a drinkin straw... when i put a real exhaust im thinkin it will help a fair bit.

but to much flow is a bad thing. My auto teacher had a newer mustang gt, 99 or so. He took it to a dyno and did one run with cats, one run with test pipes, when he went with the test pipes, his hp went down by almost 30 points. True i dont know if they did anything with his o2 sensor but you need back pressure.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Feb 6 2003, 03:43 PM-->
,Feb 5 2003, 08:52 PM] youll also get better flow and mileage thou.... the better flow will also improve performance.

but to much flow is a bad thing. My auto teacher had a newer mustang gt, 99 or so. He took it to a dyno and did one run with cats, one run with test pipes, when he went with the test pipes, his hp went down by almost 30 points. True i dont know if they did anything with his o2 sensor but you need back pressure.

Thx for all this. I hope I can get all of it done by 3weeks or so.

Back