dc sport header

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

ok i just got my dc sport header and all i can say is holy dam it sounds good alot better then i thought it was going to sound to be honest with you. here is my question. are all dc sport headers 50 state legal? i went to there web site and it says

DC Sports has several 50-state legal header designs to choose from. These include a race-inspired 4-into-1 design that optimizes mid- to top-end power, a lightweight, one-piece 4-2-1 design

but i searched for my header that i got and it is the 4-2-1 two piece if anyone can help me find out about this item please let me know thanks guys

Do you have to pass smog? I wouldn't worry about the legality of the parts on your car unless there is a real chance the athorities would find out/care.

i've got dc-sports headers and cat-back exhaust and i don't have a problem passing in NC. don't know where you're at and i know cali. is stricter but i wouldn't worry about it. try and find a buddy who does inspections and they can pass ya everytime

no, not all are legal. on my DC JDM 4-1 the box had a sticker that said

"this part is legal for off-road applications only,and may never be used on public highways."

thats the only non-legal one they offered when I bought mine last year,I live in Iowa so I use it.My K&N race filter said the same crap on it and I use it also.

three trips to denver with no emissions sticker on the vechicle and no problems there and yes I got pulled over on I-70 in Golden for having CO plates without an emissions sticker [its still legal because I live in the mountians I dont have to have a sticker but it gets me pulled over all the time] had to open the hood and drove away w/no tickets,think they were more interested that it wasnt stolen than what parts I had on it,not an inspection but they did look real good and took serials.

it would take somebody with some serious knowledge to tell they are race only just by looking at them,cops have seen mine and not even blinked.

i really wouldn't worry about it, your emissions in cali should be okay, really,if your getting pulled over all the time, one its because your doning something stupid, two your exaust is too loud, or three, your car is to ricy. really, just be carfull.

ok i got the header and right on it, it says carb and a set of numbers so i take it that it is street legal then

Back