DC sports vs. ITR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
which one would be better. i have a GSR in my rex and want some better headers than the stock ones. i was lookin at either the DC sports 4-1 or the ITR 4-1, which would you choose?

Really I don't think the hp numbers are that different.It comes down to preference.I've got the dc 4-2-1 sitting in my house waiting to be put on.I've had the dc before and it was nice bt the itr is good too...my$.02.

Go with a 4-2-1 design. people say that they hurt topend but it is bull. While there is nothing wrong with the 4-1 design, why not do somthing to build a little low and midrange power? Theres more to life than top end.

Originally posted by ipeeonrice@Dec 25 2002, 06:33 PM
Go with a 4-2-1 design. people say that they hurt topend but it is bull. While there is nothing wrong with the 4-1 design, why not do somthing to build a little low and midrange power? Theres more to life than top end.

JDM ITR if your looking for the best ofr N/A (since u can't have a header on a turbo) And 4-1 has proven more hp in mid-to-top end range, so if you do get a DC Sports Header, get a 4-1 Stainless Steel.

Originally posted by ipeeonrice@Dec 25 2002, 06:33 PM

Hmm, where to start?

4-1 gives better top end b/c 4 pipes to 1 pipe is less to go through then 4-2-1. Thus, less backpressure. Less backpressure = more top end.

"Theres more to life than top speed" .. True, but not when Honda's make their power ON THE TOP END!

Who the fuck races below 5500? No one that i know of. IMO 5000-up is top end.

jdm ITR 4-1.

dc sports blow. welds break. they are junk.

you will also need the colelctor for the itr 4-1

Dang. The only article i have seen directly comparing the two said that there was no difference in top end, and added that the 4-2-1 design increased the scavenging effect thereforte boosting power across the powerband until the 4-1 headers caught up at the top. Oh, it was a domestic magazine doing the article, comparing Doug Thorley Tri-Y headers to Hooker Super competition headers of equal collector length and primary diameter. Once i get my little ricer, i am sure that a 4-2-1 design will go under the hood.

Unless you guys know some articles i could look at to change my mind...

Will ITR 4-1 headers bolt on to a gsr head? because i heard that type r headers only bolt onto the type r and b16 (or is that only for the intake manifold)

thats just the intake side ... pretty much all of the exhaust manifolds are interchangable

Back