Dealership harassment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

trappd-in-859

Here is a thread I found on honda-tech about a woman who was harassed beyond belief at a Jeep dealership.
Honda-Tech.com: General Discussion and Debate: pi##ed OFF - friend held hostage by car salesmen

Personally, I would not stand for that at all. Contacting the general manager of the dealership would be a given. If I couldn't get the results I wanted from him/her, lawyers would be contacted and all parties involved would be brought up on charges of harassment, GTA, and unlawful holding.

Your thoughts?

People get me into a foaming-at-the-mouth rage everyday. If anyone blocks your path to your car, that is considered first degree assault.

The cops were called - but what happened with that ?

They took her car without permission to get appraised?

Did they steal the keys out of her purse, or what?

I think she gave them the keys. I don't think she told anyone they could take the car, but that was very naive on her part.

Don't know what happened with the cops.

I don't think I would have handled it like her though. Taking my car and blocking me from getting in my car when they bring it back? Heads would be rollin lol.

Yeah, but you're a guy. Probably wouldn't have happened to you like that.

not to sound like an asshole, but what if she was wearing something that was revealing could have aggrivated the incident. just a thought??? but it was very wrong for the salesmen to do that to her no matter what. i woulda called the cops and a lawyer...

Where in the HELL do you get this ? Some other punk on HT said about the same thing.. "She must be HOT for guys to want to crowd her like that"

What the fuck kind of response is that ?!

Also, I'm willing to bet this sales tactic is all California.

That kinda stinks how a dealership would take advantage of someone like that, I mean - talk about bad for business.

Although, for test drives, you often need to know how to play the game. Comparing cars, or even driving them for the hell of it takes a small deal of planning and a good deal of creativeness. Otherwise, you get locked into a conversation on how much you can afford, and whether or not you want to take this car home with you that day. Me and my roomate at college have blitzed practically every dealership in southern RI, and between the two of us, we've driven

Dodge Charger R/T
VW Golf GTI (both DSG and 6spd)
Jetta GLI
G35 Coupe
Mazdaspeed 6
(2) Civic Si 4-doors
Saab 9-3 Aero
Cobalt SS (lamesauce)
Honda Fit
Acura TSX

Granted, that may not seem too impressive, but keep in mind that we are two college kids. We just happen to play the game the right way, and it should be no different when you go to a dealership, whether you are looking to buy or not. Never go in there on a "whim". Thats when bad things happen. Print out a KBB quote page from the internets, and also research the car you are driving.Know exactly WHAT YOU WANT. I've helped my parents, friends and coworkers pick out cars and I've been able to be successful with every single buy.

90% of dealerships and their sales men are crooks... maybe not financially, but at the very least, emotionally.

When i bought my sti, it was very laid back and i had a real good experience at the subaru dealer. normal stuff you'd expect from an honest dealership with a decent sales guy.

Then i bought my bimmer. and i wish that the dealership didn't sell land rover. Because I'll most likely never own a land rover (no use for one), I most likely will never end up back there. But, I wish i could buy the rest of my cars from those guys.
I walked in late on a wednesday i think it was... 7pm or so after work. I had exchanged a few emails back and forth with their internet sales chick, so they were expecting me. They see me pull in and before i'm out of the car, 2 of the guys had come down to greet me.... one being the internet sales chick, and the other being the seller of the car.

We grab the keys and take the M out for a test drive... come back, and their trade in guy takes the sti out for a spin. We do some paperwork, have some coffee... shoot the shit about cars.
The owner comes in, introduces himself to me, blah blah, work comes up... asks me what i do and so on... at the time we were looking for another developer, so i told him how busy we were and all the crap resume's we were getting and so on. He empathized with the situation... saying how everyone wants to sell cars... but they don't realize that this is land rover- not chevy or anything else where the people are looking for the cheapest thing possible. that turned into a 20 min conversation while the sales guys did their paperwork, insurance phone calls, and worked the numbers for the trade-in and financing...
Another cup of coffee, and i'm out the door with a couple handshakes.
I come back to pick up the car on friday (they got it detailed, and so forth), and its stitting up in the driveway/underpass thing... front and center. it was probably there most the day. And mind you, this is a bmw at the land rover dealership. it was like they were showing it off. I park the sti for the last time, double check the glove box and such and grab my paperwork. By the time i get that all together, Al is out there with a screwdriver in hand, taking the plate off my sti for me and putting it on the M.
go inside, swap some keys, do the last signing on the paper work, and im off.
0 pressure, great people, and i actually had a good time buying the car.

so again, i wish they sold stuff other than land rover. some guy just happened to have traded in the m on an suv. i bet his wife made him do it :rant:

i kinda got off topic here.... but the moral of the story is, you need to know where you're going and what you're dealing with. Niave chicks shouldn't buy anything but shoes by them selves.

The Toyota dealer didn't drive the Neon for it's trade in. They were going on and on about how mint it was.

HAHAHAHAHAHA They called me SO ANGRY the next morning, after the deal was done.

Honestly tho, does taking someones car or crowding around someone make dealerships sell cars? Is there that many people who would crush under that much pressure to buy a car like that?

Under that kind of pressure, maybe. If it happened to me I'd probably think about my personal safety a little more. Something or someone's going to go through a window at that point - either way I want some cops there so I feel safe enough to leave even if it is with the police.

And BDN dont ever preface something with "not to sound like an asshole..." - instead just say "I sound like an asshole..." because you do. And regardless whether you dress like a ho - it's still sexual harassment. Just because something is doesn't give you the right to do something wrong.

I think it's just a salestactic. They have different guerilla sales tactics for men than they do women. Screw it.

Back