dip stick tube came off

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

j954drgsr

my oil dip stick tube came off my block where it sits and i can esily turn the tube in its bore or just lift it out. i just found this out yesterday but im sure i have been driving it like this for some time already. the block creates pressure but it doesnt seem to be lifting the tube at all or even leaking so i was fortunate on the road. my main question is what keeps the tube in its place so i can fix it. this is a b20 vtec motor and i dont have a catch can but im sure that dont have anything to do with this problem.

Originally posted by j954drgsr@Sep 12 2005, 04:15 PM
my oil dip stick tube came off my block where it sits and i can esily turn the tube in its bore or just lift it out. i just found this out yesterday but im sure i have been driving it like this for some time already. the block creates pressure but it doesnt seem to be lifting the tube at all or even leaking so i was fortunate on the road. my main question is what keeps the tube in its place so i can fix it. this is a b20 vtec motor and i dont have a catch can but im sure that dont have anything to do with this problem.
[post=553155]Quoted post[/post]​

JB weld that shit man... :lol: no serious you should try it...

Originally posted by Estorvito@Sep 12 2005, 01:21 PM

JB weld that shit man... :lol: no serious you should try it...
[post=553156]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorta hate to say it, but thats probably what I would do. :shrug2:

Why dont you bolt it back to where it belongs? There should be a tab on the dipstick that you can put a 10MM bolt through and attach it to the block where it originally was.

Back