Dizzy and axle starter questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90sihatch

I'm planning on dropping my 92 Ls motor into my 90 si hatch next weekend, but I have a couple questions. I was told that I need a dizzy off a 90 or 91 Ls, but then I read somewhere else that its the same as the one thats on my si motor so are they the same or do I have to buy an ls?
I was also wondering if the starter from my d16 is going to work on the Ls motor?

Originally posted by 90sihatch@Jul 9 2005, 06:23 PM
I'm planning on dropping my 92 Ls motor into my 90 si hatch next weekend, but I have a couple questions. I was told that I need a dizzy off a 90 or 91 Ls, but then I read somewhere else that its the same as the one thats on my si motor so are they the same or do I have to buy an ls?
I was also wondering if the starter from my d16 is going to work on the Ls motor?
[post=523266]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, your Si dizzy is similar to the 90-91 teg dizzy but it's still not the same. I know for sure that the top bolt from the dizzy will line up on the LS head, that's all you really need. but keep in mind you won't be able to get the car in perfect timing if you use the Si dizzy. it'll work fine but it'll be advanced quite a bit.

as for the starter, it will not work at all.

I would recommend getting the LS dizzy. If you only have one bolt on the dizzy then it is quite possible that you will screw up your timing if you accidently drive your car too hard.

And yeah, youll need a new starter

why is it that the one from the motor wont work? wouldnt putting one from a different year throw off the timing anyway?

Originally posted by 90sihatch@Jul 10 2005, 02:50 PM
why is it that the one from the motor wont work? wouldnt putting one from a different year throw off the timing anyway?
[post=523651]Quoted post[/post]​

the one from the motor won't work because it is OBD-1 and the car it's going into is OBD-0. Unless you are going to convert the whole system over to OBD-1.

and no it won't throw off the timing if you use an OBD-0 LS dizzy on a OBD-1 motor. LS is LS, period. I don't know if that makes any sense to you but maybe someone who understands what i'm saying can word it better.

90 and 01 integras are obd0 as well. so therefore using a dizzy from one will not do any harm. so you need a 90-91 integra dizzy along with a new starter.

if youve got the cash, you may as well buy new. distributorking.com has em for like 175 or something complete with 3 year warranty... good luck.

Back