do i need a new ecu???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

y0iTsDEENOSE

alrite i have a 91 LS engine in my 91 civic hatch... it was broken down so i got it to a shop and they said they'll fix the sensors and stuff.. but what i was wondering was someone told me i had to have the ecu that matches up with the 91 integra engine... but the mechanic says he'll just "fix the sensors"... is that possible to simply keep the ecu that was already on the car or do i absolutely need the ecu thats suppossed to go with the LS engine???

Yes, you need the ecu that goes with the engine, or it'll run like shit, it'll run, but not well, or you MIGHT be able to have the stock ecu re-mapped and everything, but i would just get the ls ecu.

Originally posted by VTECPOWER@Jul 23 2005, 02:15 PM
Yes, you need the ecu that goes with the engine, or it'll run like shit, it'll run, but not well, or you MIGHT be able to have the stock ecu re-mapped and everything, but i would just get the ls ecu.
[post=530183]Quoted post[/post]​

:ditto:

thanks for the advice!! :) so is there anyplace that has instructions for swapping the ecu?? or the problems that would result in keeping the stock ecu?? so that i can show the mechanic something??

Instructions:
Pull out carpet by passenger's feet, undo the 4 nuts, pull shield off, unplug ecu, plug new one in, cover it up, start car.
Can it get any easier?

Back