doch zc problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SoCaLef

alright well i have a 91 hatchback dx and i recently swapped in an obd0 doch zc. i got the engine from hmotors so im thinking its not in too bad of shape. it started up fine but when i applied the throttle about half it sounded like it was at the revlimiter. i dont have an rpm gauge so i cant really say how hi up its going but it sounds like around 3k. ive tried setting timming on it that didnt fix it i changed the fuel filter spark plugs and dizzy cap. none of those fixed the problem but it didnt make it accelerate a bit better. my harness did get pretty hacked up since there where 3 people doing that while i got the engine in so im not too sure on what to focus on. my ecu is showing a solid red light but ive heard different things from ppl saying its good and others that its bad. i did plug it in an 89 crx si and it worked fine so im assuming my ecu is good. any help would be appreciated.

the harness is probably junk..i think the solid means that the ecu is dead..but if the harness is hacked then that would probably cause that...try to get the harness figured out

alright cool thanks man and would you say just stick with the dx harness thats in there right now and try to fix it or just get another one?

id just get new..sounds to me like with 3 ppl going and fucking with things everything is all messed up..

yea it did get pretty mest up. alot of the wires or i mean all of them got crimped then once i saw that i solder them but once i looked and the wiring directions i saw that they had put some of them inn the wrong spots cuz they looked at the plugs upside down so i did the best i could but didnt fix a thing except for maybe making it rev up a little faster but not much cuz it still runs like crap. i mean first gear will only let me get up to like 10 mph second is about 25. i think the fastest itll let me go is 65. so its pretty frustrating when the ppl i know are supposibly hard core honda guys and they end up doing that with my car. where would you say the best place to get a harnes? and would you say it would be better to get a complete si instead of another dx harness?

yea i know from the body harness to the engine harness the plugs are different. alright thanks alot man ill end up picking one up this weekend ill let you know what happens.

dont forget you need to do the mpfi swap,,you cant just plug it in..do you know how to do the wiring?

I make that swap 3 weeks ago, check for ground cables, harness need two and the motor need one on the cover valve and follow the mpfi tech
remember change the tps cables.

Back