Does anyone here work for.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tab

Super Moderator
My alarm is giving me grief all of a sudden. I have the Clifford Matrix RS 3.5

DEI will not test my alarm without a reciept. I believe the brain unit is malfunctioning.

All functions that are powered by the remote are not responding. The remote tells me it is transmitting(pager style). The signal is not being recieved. My locks are still locking after starting the car, and my shock sensor LED is lighting when I bump it.

There is a wire that can be used to remote start the car without the remote. You touch ground twice quickly, and bam, startup. That function is also not working.

:cliffs:
Could be the brain.
Could be the antenna.
Could be the remote.
Can't test any of them myself, and have no chance of Warranty testing without reciept and proof of "professional" installation.

I have been using this alarm for over 1 1/2 years, installed it myself in two cars, and this is the first problem I've ever had. :(

if there is any resistors on the ignition wire for the starter..check those I have em come in alot and they wont start b/c the resistors got smoked.

If there spanked, you'll hvae to get to a shop that does that so they can get them right.

The alarm won't arm, disarm, start the car, nothing but lock the doors when you start the car with the key.

I kinda had a problem with my matrix 2.5x but not as harsh as yours. I had disconnected the ground wire to my battery and when I connected it, it wouldn't send signal back to my pager. It would do everything lock and unlock but just no responce. So I just tried removing the connection from the alarm antenna and put it back in and it worked again. So maybe try that or make sure all the wires are connected. Hope that helps man.

I don't know about your wired remote start problem, but I would rip the remote apart and take a look at the battery contacts. My Clifford (Concept 200, yeah old) remote started brok inside after so many years of abuse. The battery contacts were broken off from the circuit board, so it wouldn't work at all unless I squeezed really hard to get everything to line up again. You might be having the same problem.

i have the responders by dei and had the remots go bad if it is a early model i bet that is what it is, also if the locks work that means the alarm is working. and you are sending no signal via the remote. and it just beeps at you huh! get a remote

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Sep 7 2005, 11:12 PM
i have the responders by dei and had the remots go bad if it is a early model i bet that is what it is, also if the locks work that means the alarm is working. and you are sending no signal via the remote. and it just beeps at you huh! get a remote
[post=551125]Quoted post[/post]​

:nod: Responder technology. Yeah, it beeps at me. It shows RX while recieving, TX while transmitting, and blinks the antenna while beeping if the signal is not recieved(too far away). Well, I can sit in the car and it tells me that it is not recieved. The remote tells me it has battery power, and shows me the Tx while I try transmitting. So either the remote is lying to me, the antenna is fucked, or the alarm brain is shot. I made sure the antenna connection was good.

A fucking remote is $75 on Ebay, plus shipping. I hate throwing away money on a hunch. DEI won't test shit for me.

Originally posted by tab@Sep 5 2005, 09:10 PM

There is a wire that can be used to remote start the car without the remote. You touch ground twice quickly, and bam, startup. That function is also not working.

[post=549959]Quoted post[/post]​

I reinstalled the brain tonight, since I had removed it. The remote still doesn't work. I decided to lengthen the "remote start activation input" wire that I spoke of. I did so to touch a better ground and be sure.

The car started, and turned off like it should using this wire. It's just like using the remote to start the car, except cutting out the remote completely.

I am 99% sure that I need a remote. Fuck Car Toys, who's "authorized installer" said that this wire does not exist, and Fuck "DEI tech consultants" that do the same. I hate it when people act like they are smarter than you just because they've never seen something. I've never seen eskimo pussy, but I'm sure there's one or two out there. :lol:

yea it will just beep at you and the battery says it is still good but it does not mean any thing i have extra remots for responder shoud work on yours as well let me know

get a remote i bet you that what it is

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Sep 8 2005, 11:33 PM
yea it will just beep at you and the battery says it is still good but it does not mean any thing i have extra remots for responder shoud work on yours as well let me know

get a remote i bet you that what it is
[post=551739]Quoted post[/post]​

how much, and are they new?

hey i am 90 % sure they are interchangable make sure before you buy and if you need it 50 shipped and yea its brand new and still in package

I orderd a new remote from EBAY. I will let you all know.

OK, problem solved. It was in fact my remote that took a shit.

Oddly enough, it still recieves the signal from my new remote while arming, disarming, and starting the car. The old remote just won't send.

New remote, problem solved. :thumbsup:

You were right Cal!

I'm thinking about fucking around with the old remote to see if I can get it to transmit.

oh, and uh:

Fuck Car Toys, who's "authorized installer" said that this wire does not exist, and Fuck "DEI tech consultants" that do the same. I hate it when people act like they are smarter than you just because they've never seen something. I've never seen eskimo pussy, but I'm sure there's one or two out there.

Nobody is perfect, but I hate shops that assume that your are stupid.

Originally posted by tab@Sep 17 2005, 12:54 PM
You were right Cal!

I'm thinking about fucking around with the old remote to see if I can get it to transmit.
[post=555921]Quoted post[/post]​

:bow:

Start testing individual components and see what you come up with.

Oh, I agree with you- CarToys sucks.

yeah man. My remote has an indicator. I didn't trust it, in case it was glitching. I put in a new battery and everything was the same.

The remote fix-up didn't go well. As soon as I started wiggling things, the remote fell to pieces in my hands. I tossed it.

The new remote works great. I suppose I should pick up a spare when I get the chance. I hate wasting $80 though. <_<

Back