Does anyone know how to hook up more than one cam?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed4life

Ok, here is the scoop. I want to hook up 3-4 or so cameras in my car, one in the bumper, one inside the car, and one in each side skirt (i think it'd be a bad ass view)
I want to make some videos, but dont want 4 vcr's in my trunk, lol.
I have no clue how to do it, or if there are any ways for it to be done. Thanks.

there are some wireless receivers that can hook into the USB port of your laptop. But you have to buy the cameras too.

do they make those for USB or PCMCIA, because i assume he wants to use his laptop for that, and i can almost gaurentee they dont have one for MiniPCI

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jun 7 2005, 11:00 PM
do they make those for USB or PCMCIA, because i assume he wants to use his laptop for that, and i can almost gaurentee they dont have one for MiniPCI
[post=509443]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, a laptop would be great, but i do have a spare PC layin around, i could hide in the trunk or something. I have an indash DVD player, i could use as a moniter, and set myself up with a wireless mouse and keyboard. lol.

But yeah id love to find something for a laptop. Anyone know if you can hook up 4 webcams at the same time, and record all of them seperatly?

I am realy likin the multiple input capture cards. I didnt know if they existed yet or not.

they exist in PCI form, and with a decent battery and power inverter you might be able to pull it off.

I KNOW i could get it hooked up, the only thing i would worry about is the wiring for the monitor. Everything else would be pimp.

I dont plan on going to ohio anytime soon, but if you come out to dallas gimmie a hollar, ill set it up for you.

Build a mini-ITX system and run a PCI card. I've never seen a device like that for a laptop or USB, but that doesn't mean there isn't one out there.

yeah...the system isnt the difficult thing. getting the monitor to work the way he wants it to will be the hard part...maybe get a multiple monitor setup, setup the screen on a second monitor on a full screen setting and then just unplug the other monitor and hope the settings dont change if he restarts the computer.

call eibach and get some shocks for that bitch

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jun 8 2005, 09:50 AM
call eibach and get some shocks for that bitch
[post=509586]Quoted post[/post]​

eh, screw that... Im having a stiff ass suspension, lol. im aimin for the 1g'

I was thinkin of just kinda building my own case, and isolating the H.D. from vibration, and hiding it somewhere in my car. So if it gets jacked or vandelized, the vandels wont find the Hard Drive, and id have those bitches on camera.

:lol:
Originally posted by reikoshea@Jun 8 2005, 10:27 AM
i meant shocks for the computer, not the car :D
[post=509611]Quoted post[/post]​

:as i read it again, with the new information:

LOL! I should call eibach up and ask them if they have any computer shocks. (they make springs right? ;-) )

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 8 2005, 08:24 AM
the hard part is vibration rattling the pc to death. lol
[post=509575]Quoted post[/post]​

Nah. You'd be surprised how resilient a car PC can be if built properly with standard components.

Originally posted by Calesta+Jun 8 2005, 08:24 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jun 8 2005, 08:24 AM
the hard part is vibration rattling the pc to death.  lol
[post=509575]Quoted post[/post]​

Nah. You'd be surprised how resilient a car PC can be if built properly with standard components.
[post=509909]Quoted post[/post]​

Meaning buy an Antec, Lian Li or a Coolermaster cavier series case.

The hard part is not getting corrupt files because of the harddrive shaking.

No, meaning build your own case from aluminum sheet or MDF, then use a laptop hard drive, then shock mount it with a few rubber grommets for support. It'll hold up.

man...you got me thinkin now...i thought i was gonna upgrade the head unit, but now...im installin a computer into my car for audio/video. you sick bastard, how dare you make me think of spending more money.

Back