does changing your spark plug wires to nologies or

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nocturnal

or some other after market plug wires make a difference? i thought i read a post here saying that using the stock OEM wires were the best? is there any truth to this?

here is something i posted a while back...

this dyno test supposedly ends the debate on NGK spark plug wires vs. OEM Honda wires

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?...article_id=8680

here is some great info on aftermarket wires IMO, even though its by a wire company (magnecor):

http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/main.htm

bottom line, after hearing from others and researching, i went with Honda oem wires and NGK V-series copper plugs.

BTW, most of the people here, including mods and admins recommended Honda or NGK wires to me, and Honda wires are not made by NGK, only the plugs are.

I've got Magnecors now, they run and fit great. I used MSD, they were shite. Haven't used stock wires for a while now, but they worked great way back when as well.

for me it was a toss up between magnecors and oem honda wires, but i figured since the dyno tests proved oem was better than NGK, then maybe oem is better than magnecor too. guess i will never know, unless i find some dyno results.

i read an interview with the spoon sports founder (cant remember his name), and he is considered to be the godfather of honda performance. he says the biggest thing he sees being done wrong these days is people swapping out oem honda parts for aftermarket items that aren't any better. he says people dont realize that the parts from honda are already of very high quality and extremely well engineered.

IMO, and this is just me.

Nology wires are junk.

I use NGK wires, and they fit perfectly, and I have had NO problems with them.

I think they cost me $85 for the set.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Oct 11 2002, 09:34 AM
i read an interview with the spoon sports founder (cant remember his name), and he is considered to be the godfather of honda performance. he says the biggest thing he sees being done wrong these days is people swapping out oem honda parts for aftermarket items that aren't any better. he says people dont realize that the parts from honda are already of very high quality and extremely well engineered.

INSERT any moron who bought msd ignition boxes here.

Honda ignitions are top notch.

Take into consideration the article is over 3 years old.

That doesn't matter, if you are not running boost or N2O the stock Honda ignition works as well if not better than the aftermarket parts available.

nology wires do nothing i have them and there is no difference

Originally posted by Prowler@Oct 13 2002, 10:14 AM
Take into consideration the article is over 3 years old.

actually, its from the august 2002 import tuner. the one with the spoon s2000 on the cover.

heres an exact quote (for anyone interested):

Tatsuru Ichisima

"What i would like to see is a shift in mentality in the way builders are assembling the motors. People need to address the fact that factory components are very high quality."

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Back