DOHC or SOHC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by blackice90HB@Sep 16 2005, 03:10 PM
BTW, when i go about converting to MPFI, instead of swapping a Si head, should i swap just the intake manifold and then use the Si cam? i have a 16v Std., not a hf so i was thinking it would work. what new stuff will i need- throttle cable, TPS, injectors (suggestions?), ect.?
[post=555627]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm not sure if it will work with the STD, but it will definitely work with the DX and LX. The DX/LX/Si all share the same head in the 88-91, just with different cams and intake manifolds. If the STD head matches the DX/LX/Si, you should be good to leave the head and just swap cam and IM.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 19 2005, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure if it will work with the STD, but it will definitely work with the DX and LX.  The DX/LX/Si all share the same head in the 88-91, just with different cams and intake manifolds.  If the STD head matches the DX/LX/Si, you should be good to leave the head and just swap cam and IM.
[post=556829]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes serrrr, sounds good. When you performed this, did you use a complete Si wiring harness with a Si ECU, or did you just splice in the wires for the extra injectors, the injector box, and the other stuff?

Back