Dohc ZC ECU or 88 teg ECU?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Spooner

I just got a DOHC ZC swapped into my 88 crx si. I didn't get the ecu for the engine though, bringing me to my question. Which should I get? the Dohc ZC ECU, or the 88 teg ECU? From what i have heard the teg ECU is better, but just wanted to make sure before I bought anything.

Yes you want a 88-89 teg ecu. The fuel mapping is good and there is not 112mph governer on it. The ZC ecu will cut you off at 112mph. The best would be to get a teg ecu reprogramed but there is really no need. I have been running a 89 teg ecu and my car runs great.

Originally posted by Projectzc@Apr 8 2004, 02:21 PM
Yes you want a 88-89 teg ecu. The fuel mapping is good and there is not 112mph governer on it. The ZC ecu will cut you off at 112mph. The best would be to get a teg ecu reprogramed but there is really no need. I have been running a 89 teg ecu and my car runs great.

i agree - just make sure you get one for manual transmission - the numbers following PG7 should say A0##### - if it says A1##### it is automatic - if it says 66##### it is 86-87 manual - 67##### it is 86-87 automatic - you don't want 86-87, only 88-89 manual

Back