Dont weld near glass

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Canuck 93 Civic Si

So im shaving the hole where my old antenna used to live, amongst some other body work, and a piece of spatter rolls down my drivers side window as i am welding in the patch i made. The spatter made a few pieces of glass chip out. Not much but just barely noticable. Later on when im cleaning up, i hear a weird noise and look over at my car...

s3f8b5f2c11180.jpg

The tiny chips had exploded outwards fucking the whole window. The only thing holding the glass together is the window tint.

Dont weld near uncovered glass kids.... <_<

:eek:

daaaaaaaaaaaaaayum... sorry man. :(

SORRY abput that window LESSON LEARNED. i coulda told you that also dont weld with out your welding MASK
ARC EYE thats all i have to say.

about 60 bucks
my front winshield cost me 100 to my work and installed when it broke as to me forgetting to install the front cross latch and swung back at 35 MHP.

sorry dude, that sucks. anyways, the good thing is your windows were tinted and you can take the glass out in one piece. just keep the door open and put a tarp down.

couldnt you just claim someone hit your window....and pay the deductible at insurance...?

but ya, that sucks

Yeah I think Insurance would cover it even if he said that it shattered but if his deductible is $250 than it would be cheaper to get it elsewhere. I think mine is $100 but I know they vary.

Sorry about your window too by the way.

Originally posted by Canuck 93 Civic Si@Oct 13 2003, 09:36 PM
Dont weld near uncovered glass kids.... <_<

No shit!
You should've taken the door off or thrown something over the window.
Or at the very least, known what you were doing... <_<

A towel rolled up in the window would have been enough to keep THAT from happening...

Sorry about the window.

Wreckers here get $60 a window. $40 to retint it. That sucks ass. :(

I would just pay out of my own pocket, because the insurance will just raise you rate a couple bucks a month, just to make their money back. Fuck Insurance.

glass coverage for your auto has no deductable. well at least in CT anyway.

Back