door lock

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

skimboard71104

When i bought my car it didnt lock from the inside on either door. i took the panel off and saw that there was a loose plastic piece on the rod and didnt know where that went? does anyone know where that is suppose to go? my other question is, is this the reason why my car wont lock from the inside or is it something else?

the drivers wont lock from the inside with the door open with out pulling the handle on the outside or inside. i think its so you have to use the key so you dont lock it in the car

check the rods again. the only plastic part that i remember being on them is the little plastic clip at the end to hold it in place. did this just start?

ive only had the car for a year but i think i have to check the whole lock system. i think they might of put new locks in and just completely fucked everything up with it idk its been a mess as soon as a get money to start restring the interior its somethin else i have to fix

Does the door unlock from the outside? If it does, it's probably not broken I wouldn't think. If that plastic piece was the reason it isn't working right, I would think the doors wouldn't unlock either... I may be wrong... I do you know you have to hold either the inside or outside door handle open to lock the doors, as was previously stated. Do you have any pics of the plastic piece you are referring to?

Back