L-Civic ('91 Civic DX Sedan)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think mud tires are in order here...

And you gotta get some old school vented side windows

I dig it. if Mad Max drove a honda that would be it :)

If you are still looking for tail lights or what not PM me. I have a sedan sitting in front of my shop that I am getting ready to send to the recycle yard. I would be happy to donate what I can to your cause before it gets crushed.

Love this. Been wanting to build one of my own ever since I saw the one my buddy's shop converted- also an EF sedan into a pickup- back in the mid 90s.

I think mud tires are in order here...

And you gotta get some old school vented side windows

I've been looking at mudders. I have three sets of rims right now. So it's only money that holds me back. If like to run this in the Colorado gambler 500 some time. A buddy and I may take his geo tracker out there this summer.

Corner vents would be crazy. I ripped out the a/c last year and drive with the windows open all summer.

I dig it. if Mad Max drove a honda that would be it :)

If you are still looking for tail lights or what not PM me. I have a sedan sitting in front of my shop that I am getting ready to send to the recycle yard. I would be happy to donate what I can to your cause before it gets crushed.

The only thing I'm looking for is the si gauge cluster. But I am content buying a Bosch 2 5/8" tach to put in it too. I am content with my tail lights at least till I decide to build a steel bumper.

You should pull the tail lights and rear bezel and sell them on eBay. Parts like that tend to do well for the Sedan.

Maybe dinner day the Civic will be mad Max worthy with an engine that has some real power.

Love this. Been wanting to build one of my own ever since I saw the one my buddy's shop converted- also an EF sedan into a pickup- back in the mid 90s.

It's a blast. It's the most fun I've had driving and working on a car. Just make sure to get a roll bar in it. Everything about this car was loose and scary till it was all tied together. If you want I'll send pictures of where all I welded it too.

My strut spacers. 1" for the front 1.5" for the rear.
IMG_20190203_073533.jpg

It hasn't settled yet but it's about 2" taller in the back and about an inch and a half in the front. The front left being there lowest and right rear being highest.
IMG_20190515_143134.jpg
IMG_20190515_132121.jpg
IMG_20190515_143103.jpg
IMG_20190515_132131.jpg
IMG_20190515_143050.jpg
IMG_20190515_143109.jpg

Got out to the shop to get some work done. It's crazy how 2 months fly by with absolutely no progress.
I bought all new struts, these for an ek. because the mount is thinner for the ek I took it out to the autobody shop I work part-time at. I used the proto-power... porto power... that hydraulic spreader to widen the mount to receive my new rear LCAs.
IMG_20190718_235127.jpg
When I built the roll bar, my best friend's dad said that I ought to brace the rear struts. several years later that has come to be.
IMG_20190719_010153.jpg
IMG_20190719_013123.jpg
IMG_20190719_024604.jpg
IMG_20190719_033452.jpg
IMG_20190719_033500.jpg

The welds are ugly as sin, but they are in and I believe them to be solid. L-Civic is so solid in the rear-end now. I had no idea how much flex was there before.

Back